1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets bench laughs at Roberson FT's

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 24, 2017.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You guys have to remember one thing. The people who are butt hurt over this live in Oklahoma City, OK. Their lives SUUUUUUCK. They have to have something to lean on....something to fight about because they literally have nothing over anyone anywhere.

2. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I loved that they laughed at him. He should be laughed at. Any biased media saying it is unprofessional is only butthurt because their so called MVP is about to go on vacation. We should also laugh when that happens because of all the disrespect that the Rockets consistently receive from the biased fake news media with their alternative facts. :D

Pen15clubber and vtjsr2 like this.
  3. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Players laugh at dudes that get dunked on all the time, and no one screams for safe spaces on twitter when that happens.

I have zero problem with them doing this. Even Clint.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  4. PhiSlammaJamma

Nick Anderson wraps his arm around Roberson last night to affirm that he is now one of our biotches.

Pen15clubber and lnchan like this.
  5. blackistan

blackistan Member

That is pretty lame to laugh at somebody missing free throws

6. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

I think it's alright to laugh once he bricked the 7th one.

7. Lightsnowaction

Westbrook's response to this is classy and truthful.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

pause.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Deck plays. Trez and B Brown not so much.

Whatever, I'm glad he took it in stride I guess.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This is a contact sport. Guys are out there getting in each other's faces, cursing each other out and throwing elbows. They've been doing this for 50 years. And we're worried that someone is laughing at someone? This is why I hate Twitter where random people can start an incident over their feelings. This wouldn't even be a conversation otherwise.

Jayzers_100, DudeWah and bobloblaw like this.
  12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I actually like Westbrook. he seems a class dude, even though he can be his own worse enemy in the 4th quarters.

Still, think he was way off in the next question.

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Westbrook on the going-over-the-screen foul thing, and if he&#39;d like to see a rule change on it: <a href="https://t.co/PHQSUXPvAb">pic.twitter.com/PHQSUXPvAb</a></p>&mdash; Royce Young (@royceyoung) <a href="">April 24, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Lol at harden being successful because he gets fouled. Russ shot more FTs per 100 possession than Harden this year, and has two years at over 14 FTA per 100 possesions... to Harden's 1 (this year).

BigMaloe likes this.
  13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Can't believe this thread has that many pages. Guys, the laughing, while in poor taste, is not personal. After all, our own bunch are not good free throw shooters either.

This is nothing but a psychological ploy to make Roberson miss. It is a distraction.

14. Fantasma Negro

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Small sample size.
    He's a career 49% FT and 26% 3pt shooter. Both are pretty bad for a perimeter guy. But he's a starter on a good team for a reason.

16. LpBryan03

LpBryan03 Member

Relevant:

heypartner likes this.
  17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I dont know if I can. Once I get it swaying, the momentum just kinda takes over. Ya know? Brian Cook better watch out...

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Westbrook is right. Harrell, Dekker and Brown. Two rookies and a towel waving vet.

Honestly, I didn't dig the laughing. To be frank, there was nothing funny going on at the moment. This is a WAR of a game. White knuckler. It was tense. The laughing thing isn't the worst thing by any means though. Your mileage my vary. But I doubt you see it again.

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'm fine with any kind of disrespect shown to that stolen franchise. I feel about the Thunder the same way I felt about the Clippers when Sterling was their owner. The more misery that franchise feels, the better.

Besides, hearing that laughter from the bench probably made Roberson even tighter than he was before. One more thing to be rattling around in his brain while he's trying to focus on something he's terrible at.

#119 topfive, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    BigMaloe, Rodman23 and lnchan like this.
  20. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Dekker arguing with random fans on twitter, really makes me think he is Parsons v2