1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets bench laughs at Roberson FT's

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dekker gets into it with a guy on Twitter as well. He might be injured but he's still making his presence felt!

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

We should be above that.

Nah, screw them.

buffalobills!!!, mikol13 and Chanmarr like this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Laughing at free throws is offensive? this must not be the 80s or 90s

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Who said it was offensive?

I think trash talking is part of the game.

Ramo$e and Perki-Perk like this.
  5. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

That Adam dude on Twitter was crying about this. Then he got mad that Rockets fans called him out on his crying and was convinced that we enjoy them being bad more than us winning lol. Personally, I'm sure this team is tired of that crowd and fans. Probably not the team, but those fans are sort of insufferable. I know Patrick is Pat, but what he said at the end to the crowd was just lol and a bit unexpected. He really don't like them. I don't blame them though since they don't know what it means to be an average team or playoff fodder. All they know is that the franchise they stole is full of innocence and they're always the ones being wronged.

I like how Troy, Ryan, and Clint were all just stone faced though lol. Clint and Ryan probably sad AF they getting benched, and Troy is all lonely in the corner.

6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Its pretty pitiful when players that get no pt are laughing at a player playing a major role for their team. It's also pitiful that an nba player shoots 40% at the free throw line. I mean..... they're FREE.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Oh please. They are part of the team. And

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it says it on the twitter post , "biggest disrespect"

I'm not replying to you dude, I'm replying to the story. not everything is about you.

Louka, RCPM, BigMaloe and 5 others like this.
  9. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I don't understand it. I think I could do better than 40% in the nba and thats today without practice. am i overestimating myself? free throws are easy. i'm sure pressure is part of it but how long has he been in the NBA?

Madeinchin4, Ramo$e and Jayzers_100 like this.
  10. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

The only thing disrespectful here is the fact that Roberson (an NBA guard) is shooting 42% from the FT line. He disrespects the game, the fans and the overall product every time he steps to the foul line.

Signed,

Rick Barry - "Underhand it bro."

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

And.....? I don't get your response. Brian cook was also part of this team once. I'd smack the hell out of him if he even thought about laughing at anyone else.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  12. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

it wasn't the fact that roberson was missing free throws.... it was his demeanor and clear anxitey as he would get up there to shoot them. I was rolling on the ground laughing lol

Daddy Long Legs and BigMaloe like this.
  13. aroundtheblock2

I'm okay with the laughing. Roberson makes millions of dollars to play basketball, and his entire life revolves around the sport, yet he can't perform one of the easiest tasks in the sport. That's like being a doctor and being unable to read an X-ray scan properly. Come on man.

Gorki, edwardc, Uprising and 4 others like this.
  14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

If you're paid millions of dollars to do nothing other than play a game of basketball for a living, and you find yourself so woefully pathetic that you manage to only hit 42% of free throws you're given - you should not only be laughed at by the opposing team - you should be forced to do a Game of Thrones walk of 'Shame'

This guy mustn't have watched too much NBA basketball if this instance is the biggest amount of 'disrespect' he's seen.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  15. threepointshot3

Clint I love you bro but you should not be laughing at anyone missing free throws granted you have improved somewhat. Overall it's called playing mind games.The stakes are high and you take any advantage you can get in the playoffs

Louka likes this.
  16. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I don't think that was very classy... but I get the feeling that between some dirty Adams play, the Westbrook MVP drama, and now the Beverley fan drama, the Rockets just increasingly don't like OKC very much.

As well they shouldn't. ****stain of a state.

Louka likes this.
  17. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Clint wasn't one of the ones laughing... It was only Montrezl, Dekker, and [I think?] Bobby Brown. Though two of those guys are nothing to write home about from the FT line, anyways.

18. engr chris

engr chris Member

They are just trying to get in his head. Part of the game.

At this stage of the season, you need to do anything to help the team. Props to our bench

19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

good to see Capela subdued though

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Harrell though has been known to miss free throws