1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets are Underdogs in Game 7

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bobloblaw, May 15, 2015.

1. TokyoGif

TokyoGif Member

2. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

The Rockets should be the underdog, given how both team played in the first round, and the 6 games played so far. But I like the Rockets' chance.

I hope they learned the lesson from last game, it takes a team to win the playoff games, not rely on Harden's ISO too heavily.

3. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Let me just change the bold part a lil bit:

"If Game 6 on your home floor and the possibility of going to the Western Conference Finals aren't enough motivation, then I don't know what to say."

Yes, I'm talking about the Clippers, the supposed upper-dog.

My point is NBA players are human beings. They will have to really focus on the game and act rationally until the game 7 is won.

4. yo

yo Contributing Member

Something you all need to face is this is not the type of team that uses this kind of stuff for motivation. In fact, we might even be more inclined to roll over in the face of this kind of stuff. Mentally, the team lacks a certain killer instinct. They don't need nor can they handle distractions or bulletin board material - they just need to go out and play their game.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

It's the truth. The Rockets are huge underdogs. The line doesn't reflect how the games in this series have ended.

6. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

It's an absolute joke of a line that LA is favored by 2. I would bet the Rockets heavy all day long. I honestly don't get it. Home teams have a huge edge in game 7s, not to mention the demoralizing loss LA just experienced.

7. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

8. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

And if we go on to win the title this year, there will be an asterisk noting Jordan wasn't playing. Always the underdog.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this game will come down to harden making shots and staying with his man on D. anyone who's followed him this past season knows better than to bet against him bouncing back after a subpar outing. i expect him to deliver a win on sunday.

10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

That is on par. We haven't seen him the entire play offs.

11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

First game 7 home underdog ever? Geesh

12. brooksstephens

The Rockets lost the last time they had a Game 7 at home to a mediocre Jazz team.

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

I wouldn't takes less than +18 for the whoever is the dog in this game, be it the Rockets or Clippers.

History is against the Rockets to win three straight. The line being so low is giving a lot of respect to the Rockets IMO given how wide the winning margins have been.

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Space Ghost: Not impressed with 40+ point games and Triple Doubles.

15. ibm

ibm Member

believe it or not,,, at the beginning of the 4th quarter last night, i was thinking,,, ok, our season seems to be over. but, if they have any trick they can pull out of their sleeves, now feels like a perfect setup. down by 13 but from down 19 back, 12 mins left, job barry and co. are bashing us, all these felt like there may be sth. in the air.

and when they tied the game up with brewer's dunk (what a pass from josh smith), i didnt come to this site, but i was thinking,,, this thing is in the bagz for sure now.

we have to win game 7 no matter what. and i'd like to think they will. anything short of that will make this game 6 comeback win mean a lot less. no one outside of houston will remember the historic comeback if they dont win game 7.

and, a lot ppls are saying if we make it to the western conf. finals, memphis will be an easier opponent for us. they're rooting for a memphis win over the worriors. me actually dont really care. neither of gsw or the griz scares me that much. actually, i kinda want to play the gsw. if we're destined to win it all once again, we almost have to take on the best of the best and blow open the bubble (so to speak, i like gsw as a team) of a near-70 win team.

16. brooksstephens

I think you owe Space Ghost an apology. He's only saying the he doesn't have cable, so he hasn't seen Harden at all in the playoffs.

1 person likes this.
  17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

How would it be great for the NBA .... 9:30 Eastern start times for weekday games .... only California would be watching while the rest of the country is in bed.

18. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I don't think an underdog is defined as being projected to lose by a lot.

The Rockets are projected to lose, even if by a small margin. You could argue that the Vegas odds are being skewed but that wouldn't explain why no previous home team in a Game 7 (92 times) has been picked to lose.

It appears that Vegas and the media expect the Clippers to win. Whether or not it matters is up for debate. I don't think the team needs additional motivation but this type of "bulletin board material" is used in every sport and certainly can't hurt.

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

Only 8 teams out of 228 have comeback from 3-1 down to win the series.

The Rockets should be massive underdogs but the bookies are practically giving 50/50 odds.

20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Based on what?