1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets are *probably* getting Caron Butler

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jose, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. h0uston83

h0uston83 Member

HAHA, Yea RileyDogg. Go about your business and just stop criticizing sources and take it as it is.."Just take it and go, take it and go."

LOL.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sometimes you have to risk to win.

Sometimes you have the best hand when you go all in and still lose.

Aces get cracked too.

DD

3. jteg25

jteg25 Member

nba to morey"Nyet! Nyet! No More! No! Not tonight! This son of b****, all night he, "Check. Check. Check." He trap me!"

2 people like this.
  4. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I'm suprised it took 5 pages for someone to get that out. You guys are slipping.

5. wongtintin

wongtintin New Member

how about this guys?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yzmydnb

according to rumours suns are more willing to take brand over dalembert despite his long contract, and obviously they are crazy about iggy. They are still a good team getting brand n iggy back, bear in mind everyone plays better with nash. plus they get brian cooks expiring contract

76ers saves a lot of money taking tmacs expiring contract and now also get a young, athletic, cheap potential star type player carl landry.

Last but not least, the rocks is going to be amazing getting amare which is an inside presence they lack after yaos injury and jrich who is a true SG they lack after tmac's injury.

6. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

Why is everyone so upset about acquiring butler? Its a talented player on a good sized 2 year contract which means we can easily swing it for an expiring and a draft pick... and that's how you should add talent, through the draft.

It also gives us some leeway in future offseason trades as well.

7. J-Wood

J-Wood Member

Im glad someone finally said this...Butler is a has been, he has averaged 16 points a game for his career in the "east" and dont even get me started on Haywood. Does anyone know if these guys contracts expire at the end of this season? If they dont, the deal flat out sucks....

8. h0uston83

h0uston83 Member

This would be an awesome deal for all teams involved.

Hey if Big Z/Cavs wants a BUYOUT, give them that buyout. We don't need Big Z, heck he's 34 and yes he can help BUT, we don't need him.

Hayes, is perfect for our rotation right now, great team player, good passer, above average post-defender, etc. And from what I see, I think Adelman and the Rockets org. is doin' a wonderful job on Joey Dorsey. They're making sure Dorsey is NBA-ready, and when it's his time, slowly but surely, he can be a dominating force on the defensive-end.

So with that being said. The remainder of this season, at the Center position, is the development of Joey Dorsey. And I don't think having Haywood or Big Z, would help him any if they're lumbering their donkey-asses on the court in a Rockets uniform.

- Also, it's simple. Butler..a hustlin', dependable, passionate, consistent, role player is EXACTLY what the Rockets need.

- It would be tough for any team (w/ star wing-players) to just come in against the Rockets and dominate- only, having to face the likes of ARIZA, BUTLER & BATTIER- on the Defensive-end.

Gread addition, perfect for team chemistry, and excellent on our budget.

GO ROCKETS!

9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Bwhahaha! I'm dyin over here.

10. dreamfellas21

dreamfellas21 Member

what kind of players can we sign in the offseason if we get butler/haywood??

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Haywood expires, so it depends on if the Rockets bring him back (and, of course, the price). He'd probably command mid-level money, or something close.

12. CXbby

CXbby Member

This is true if you go all in everytime you get aces. The prudent player realizes aces are nothing but a pair, and should be folded in the right circumstance. He is patient enough to wait for the Nutz to go allin. Of course there is a delicate balance between being patient and being passive. The latter will cause you to be blinded away. Hopefully Morey can walk this line and pull the trigger when opportunity arises, but be prudent enough to not go allin whenever he has a marginally better hand.

13. adammendoza4

adammendoza4 Member

I hope we do get him.iggy would be great,but butler will do..let's do it!!!!

14. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

i'm all for Butler but I really feel that what will happen is an under-the-radar move by Morey...Godbless the Rox.

15. dreamfellas21

dreamfellas21 Member

so haywood, scola, and lowry and we're out of money??

16. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I don't doubt jose heard what he says he did; but in court that would be deemed hearsay evidence, disallowed because the veracity of the source cannot be challenged. No big deal on a fan site though; the reason we come on here is to kill time and be entertained. This was at least a reasonable rumor to ponder.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Just boggles the mind that people are so quick to jump to discredit the guy...I mean it is astounding.......

The rudeness of some folks....yikes.

DD

18. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

He's setting up the check raise! Book it! :grin:

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Assuming we could resign Lowry for 4 million, Scola for 6 million (doubtful), and Haywood for 6 million, and we don't bring back Chuck, and we buy out Dorsey, it would be:

Code:
    [B]players   2010 salary[/B]
    Yao       17.7
    Butler    10.6
    Battier   7.3
    Ariza     6.3
    Landry    3
    Andersen  2.5
    Brooks    2
    Lowry     4
    Scola     6
    Haywood   6
    total     65.4

I'm not sure what Taylor and Budinger are making next year, but that may be an additional 2 million. And I didn't add salary for this summer's draft picks. I'm not sure what the luxury tax limit will be next year. We could probably still use the MLE and LLE, but it would likely put us well over that limit. In that case, I'd expect the Rockets to move some of their other players.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

its because the location where the leak happened kept changing (from super secret event to area to just a normal luxury suite). Not only that the fact that a top aide would tell someone their trade plans just because he's the friend of a ticket holder is borderline ridiculous. The rockets protect their 2nd round draft targets like its a CIA secret, you think they'd tell some random dudes their most important trade plans just because? :confused: If this was true and I was DM I'd fire the aide for having a flapping mouth.

And the thing is Jose didn't really do anything to bolster his claim like put his credibility at stake. He has the cop out right in the thread title ("probably getting Caron Butler"). If we ended up trading for someone different, then its no skin off his nose. Its not being rude, its called skepticism, and I think its something that really important when you're on the internets.

And please stop using the francis trade thing as an example and justification for believing the guy straight up. That was a bazillion years ago, how many *insider probablies* did this board have that didn't come true since then? I could point to a lottery winner and say he won 120 million dollars, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna win the lottery next time I buy a ticket.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.