1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets are *probably* getting Caron Butler

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jose, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dexkk

dexkk Member

Well knowing Morey, he'll probably put together a moneyball contract. Also I read somewhere that Manu wants to play with Scola or something. I'm more excited about the bench production of Lowry, Budinger, Manu, Battier, Landry, Hayes, Dorsey, etc... That is a sick bench.

2. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Thanks for the info, Jose. This forum is filled with stupid, crap threads so I don't see why a word of mouth thread concerning a plausible trade is such a bad thing.

If this goes down Jose becomes a hero. Way to be brave, Joser!!!

3. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Hahaha....parallel to this thread:

At RealCavsFans there's a 28 page thread (granted there are fewer posts per page) on a very ambiguous Z for Jamison post at the top of the board. And it's going just as well as this one (as in many skeptics).

At least jose had more details.

4. DontMessWithUT

Who? Mr. Jim Jackson?

5. chamuco

chamuco Member

I don't think Jose should be banned, and if this deal does happen I don't think anyone will apologize. I'm a big rocket fan, as many of you are, and I don't live in Houston so I have to get my Rockets news and gossip on the net. I view clutchfans daily for anything Rockets because they usually tell it like it is, something the team website and nba.com won't do. If you go banning people that have info, or gossip that may turnout to be true, people may not want to post something they come across in fear of being banned, ridiculed is OK, this may keep some people from posting Brangelina type breakups and all that nonsense. So Thanks Jose for your thread, I will take it with a grain of salt and won't get all pissed off at you, and it would be cool if we kept Ilguskas and upset the Cavs.
    Some advice for you Jose if you do post some top secret info make sure it doesn't get you or your friends in trouble, and it can't be traced back to you. These sports people are very competitive and are always looking for an edge on other teams and they play a lot of mind games. Here is my BS story and you all may take it with a grain of salt. In my job I get to go into many work offices and complexes, (some are so called top secret places, which when you are in there people there are just like the rest of us,) including sports arenas. I come across a lot of info that should not be viewed by the public, not because I'm anyone special is just the nature of my job. I have come across some info that I could sell to TMZ and make some really good money, of course I would lose my job and other people's jobs too. During the Draft I got a piece of paper detailing all of this teams prospect drafts, who they would pick if they were available. I read it thought it was neat, but I wouldn't post it because people would probably just laugh it off, and I would lose my job. Oh by the way rileydog don't start screaming to name the Team, but they got the possible steal of the draft, and when I read the paper I didn't really know who the guy was, I don't follow college basketball. Again take it with a grain of salt.

6. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Really? We'd be getting a pretty decent player in Butler with a friendly contract for a guy who's not contributed anything for almost 1.5 years now. And Caron plays defense to boot making Battier expendable which could no doubt net us a 1st round pick.

7. Asian Sensation

That's what I'm saying. He's basically like a gift to us. At least he'd make our team/season more interesting. Letting Mcgrady rot away and clearing cap space is not going to net us a big time FA this summer.

8. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

I'm not contradicting you. You say they don't tell anybody; I say, well, maybe if they have an ulterior motive...

9. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

That would be AMAZING!!

10. Wasabi_sauce

Wasabi_sauce Member

i'm down for butler

[​IMG]

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

That's quite a leap there, Dude.

Caron's D > McGrady's D, therefore Battier = expendable.

.... back up.

Caron's D > McGrady's D, therefore Battier = expendable?

Really?

12. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

F that we want Antwan Jamison. We'd definitely have a new banner by June 2011 with him on the squad. PLus I dont want a humble guy like Antwan act like a d*ck in cleveland with Queen James

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I thought Butler was taller :grin:

14. acefan18

acefan18 Member

How do you become a "Member" here on Clutchfans? :confused:

15. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Again not feeling it for Caron. I mean sure we are getting a decent player for Tmac's contract but Caron is not someone that screams to me "Yep we can surely build around him and Yao." Now, I'm not expecting a superstar in return and I'm not saying Caron is a superstar to build around with, but as a key role player I'm still not enamored with him. I will admit I don't have an extensive Caron Butler scouting film, just the national TV games he's been on and when the Rockets play the Wizards. His contract is short, so that's a good thing.

I just don't want to get in the "We really need to get someone/anyone for Tmac's contract" desperation mindset. Not the end of the world if we can't get something for Tmac.

1 person likes this.
  16. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'm with you regarding Butler being a bit overrated. Where we may differ is what I think this team needs. Until recently, this team either won or was in a position to win at the end of the game almost every night. Replace Ariza or Battier with a competent scorer and I think this team automatically picks up five or six more wins. Add a big man and assume Yao comes back as an 18/8 guy and I think the team has enough fire power to give any team in the league all it can handle in a seven game series.

17. LifeisButaDream

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aWX91cjq2MI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aWX91cjq2MI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

18. Chamillionaire

we are essentially trading mac for butler... that's the best the market would net us.

Big Z, don't want any part of him personally, a jump shooting 7'3 C, but he could do what Zeke did and he does have a nice shot, even from the 3 point line. and he'll clog up the lane a la Yao.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i'm not sure there's anything to keep building around yao and possibly butler. I'd agree with you if we were stripped down and we're starting the roster from scratch, but we already have most of the pieces. We got vets, leaders, point guards, defenders, coaching, a big traditional center, tough forwards, etc. We're just lacking some scoring punch at the wing spot which butler should bring. He may not be a superstar, but he's not a role player by definiton at all. Here he may end up being that, but only because he needs to share the wealth on offense. With butler we'd just need some finishing pieces like a back up center who can rebound and block shots, possibly haywood if he's included...and maybe a PF acquired with the midlevel if scola doesnt return.

20. acefan18

acefan18 Member

I would rather have Haywood than Big Z. Haywood's defense is 100x better than Big Z's, this mostly do to the fact that he can actually move laterally. I'm not sure what Big Z could contribute to this " up-tempo" team, he is slower than Yao. I really don't see Big Z coming to Houston

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.