1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets are *probably* getting Caron Butler

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jose, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

He may not be a better defender than Shane or Ariza, but he's not that far behind. He's known as one of the league's better defenders.

And the Rockets need offense.

2. Yak

Yak Member

There's only one guy who's mo' better...

[​IMG]

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

that's gotta be the quote of the day every time Landry has a big game

U HERD OF CARL LANDRY!?!

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

Great! We will have big Z to teach Yao how to nurse that engineered foot of his, like coconut oil.

Tell me this not true.

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

I can tell you Ariza is not getting a MVP.

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I could see why the Wizards would unload those 2 contracts. It would leave them with less than $30million in comitted salary for next season - they could hope to make some sort of splash in the FA market.

For Houston and Cleveland, the benefits are plainly obvious - Houston saves lux tax this year, saves a lot of cash on Ilgauskus and gets a player; Cleveland gets Jamison for free.

From a 'I heard this in the players tunnel' pespective, it's got to be the worst story I've heard in a long time!
    You were just walking out the back and stumbled across Morey and Les on the phone in deep discussion - you said 'what's up guys?" and they admitted this deal was going down.

Uh-huh.

(hopefully it's so random a story that it's real)

7. hodgo

hodgo Contributing Member

Lol i dont poat often mainly a reader but i mean why up the guy for sharing info if its wrong so be it its a forum i enjoy reading the bull**** as well as the facts. If i ever recieved info and i wont lol i wouldnt post because of all the super star GM's this board already has. Anyway thanks for the read jose true or false its fun to consider

1 person likes this.
  8. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

There is a lot of leaking in the NBA, with the intention of influencing events. This could be all about pressuring some other team to sweeten their offer for T-Mac.

Also, if they were to release Z instead of keeping him (his contract expires this year, right?), it would be for the purpose of tanking. They don't gain much this season by releasing him.

9. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

I dont see why the hate for the OP, this is exactly how the Steve Francis trade was reported. Besides, its not all that different from the other one, the difference being the 3rd team is Cleveland instead of NY. Why do we care? Its still Butler for TMAC which is the original premise. Seems like we may not get Haywood, but then we might get to keep Scola / Bud / 1st round pick, so sure I'll still take it!

10. hjg877

hjg877 Member

No way jose!

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Jose,

Thanks for sharing what you heard, people.....around here forget that we got the Steve Francis trade rumor from a guy on a cell phone in the mall.

If it comes true great, if not.....doesn't mean the guy was lying.

SHEESH PEOPLE !

DD

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

If this goes down, Im all for leaking out a tampering allegation to force the Rockets to keep Z, thus helping the Rockets and screwing the Lebrons.

13. jose

jose Member

Thanks to the three people above, I appreciate it.

There won't be any tampering violation if Z is the one who wants a buy out and no proof of buy out was told of in advance, otherwise there would have been a violation on McDyess back to Detroit within 30 days. The person who told me did not say Z was going to be bought out, I simply just assumed that, because that is what every thing written about him being traded has included.

14. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

haha i know i made this name before he even played a game

but i dont know how to change my name...

15. dexkk

dexkk Member

I think it does make sense for the Rockets because if you buy out Z, we should get under the LT. Tmac for Butler swap sounds good to me.

For those people that want a superstar back for Tmac, keep dreaming. You get what you can get for his contract at this point. Just because it works on NBA trade machine doesn't mean the other teams are willing to accept.

This is the only deal that sounds reasonable without giving up any of our future assets (Lowry, Bud, Landry, Brooks, Scola etc...) Besides, we can resign Lowry and Scola next season if this deal goes through.

Then hopefully, we can sign Manu with MLE and go for a playoff push. I know this is hypothetical but....

Brooks, Lowry
    Butler, Manu, (Budinger)
    Ariza, Battier, (Budinger)
    Scola, Landry
    Yao, Hayes, Dorsey

This team can definately contend. If this doesn't work out, we have Yao, Battier, and Butler's contract expiring before new CBA rules.

16. LifeisButaDream

I rather sign him with the LLE. :grin:

17. joesr

joesr Member

screw that, Id take cleveland out and just take the other two

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Sounds good to me. If you can't get your hands on a superstar, its better to go to war with a lot of interchangeable parts instead.

19. Rockets9495

Rockets9495 Contributing Member

ok whatever you think. I am just telling you the truth

20. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I think Rileydog is more mad he paid all that money for season tickets and didn't get an invite to this supposed season ticket holder thing. :p

To the supposed trade rumor, not really feeling it, hoping we can flip Caron for something better and with Big Z really doing it for cap relief. Both players do nothing for me.

I just remembered the OP is some guy who's suppose to be a high baller in the River Oaks area. Can't afford his own season tickets? Is he willing to bet that this deal goes down? :grin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.