1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets are *probably* getting Caron Butler

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jose, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

my best friends sisters cousins step father twice removed dog was told that we were getting Lebron for T-MAC straight up

2. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Horrible trade...Cavs make out like bandits

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Once again, it's technically possible for it to happen. that's not the tampering/illegal part. What's not possible is for them to agree to make a deal where one team buys put a player as a favor, so the other team can pick him up again in 30 days. Under the rules they can only do the trade, and then , if one team wants to buy someone out they can, and he can end up with his original team in 30 days that way, but not agree on prior to the deal...

I actually believe you, i just dont believe that the guy was truly an assistant of morey's and/or that his info came from the inside. I think the guy read about that proposal on here at some point, thought it seemed reasonable, and just wanted to play insider with some fans, maybe to make himself feel important and credible. I just dont believe Morey's real assistants would be that careless, even if the league doesnt invesitgate if morey found out he'd come down on them or he.

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

say that to the grizz, who gave pau gasol to the lakers and helped them win a championship.

5. jose

jose Member

well, the Cavs could just tell Z to request a buy out prior to the trade and that would ensure there would be no tampering, there's lots of loop holes around it which is why the McDyess thing worked without any sort of violations.

6. LifeisButaDream

thats only because j.west was there.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Dude, he's being sarcastic. I've been in a Suite before. People rent them but I'm sure they don't get advanced info on Major NBA trade. Yahoo would own a suite in every arena LOLZ!!! :grin: :grin:

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It doesn't really matter if this comes from a insider source. The proposed deal actually makes sense for all teams involved, I think.

The Rockets get Butler for McGrady and without having to give up any other players/picks. Would this deal also get them under the LT?

Wizards save a ton of money by trading Butler/Jamison for McGrady's expiring.

Cavs keep LeBron happy by getting Jamison (at a hefty price), without losing any other core players.

9. Rockets9495

Rockets9495 Contributing Member

There is very few people in the organization that know what trades are being discussed (probably less than 5) , they know this and don't tell anyone anything worthwhile.

10. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Exactly.

Hey Cleveland, you want Jamison? No problem. Big Z for Jamison.

Hey Washington, uhh, you wouldn't buy out Big Z, no thanks.

Hey, Morey here. How about I throw in TMac so we can get Butler. I'll buy out Big Z!

Give up Jamison + Butler for nothing? Makes sense to us! Deal!

11. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

That would be a stupid trade if that happened. Butler is just another bench player.

12. Karolik

Karolik Member

This trade is almost impossible. No way the wizards try their two best players for nothing....not gonna happen, they're gonna want at least something back in return...like j.j. hickson

13. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

This is the reason that you have 1500+ posts, and NO rep

14. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

i agree
    He will be a lot better than big z
    Plus he can bring along our young players as he did for the wizards.

15. RocketMania1991

Well it is true our bench players produce better than Butler.

U HERD OF CARL LANDRY

16. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Gong!!!!!!

17. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

At least Butler doesn't just throw out three's on the peremiter. He can drive and shoot the mid range. Something we need badly.

18. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Butler would instantly become our best 2/3 over Shane + Ariza

19. RocketMania1991

He's not better defensively.

Not to mention boasting you have better offensive skills than Ariza/Battier doesn't say much.

20. grantwang

grantwang Member

i think J.R.smith is more better than Caron butler.
    i am chinese roxs fans, i like landry, do not trade him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.