1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets are *probably* getting Caron Butler

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jose, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Lock this garbage up.

It went from a season ticket holder event to a game last week is where he got the scoop.

Bottomline, I'd trust Woj, who broke the Yao Ming being out for the year, than this no-name person who convienently say we're 'probably' going to get Butler, when, it was reported earlier today that we've had 3 way talks.

Ban

2. Egghead

Egghead Member

3. jose

jose Member

like I said, revisit the Iverson-Billups trade where Mcdyess was involved and bought out, and re-signed by Detroit 30 days later.

and there is absolutely no way that trade with the Knicks is happening, it's being reported by Adrian Wojaijfdasgbhivhanorski. the same guy who said that Varejao to Miami for Marion was happening last season, and no talks were ever even present.

4. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Cmon Jose. You're posting with some force and authority here.

I'd like to know more about this area where you learned this info.

5. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

No, it's tampering when a member in an organization talks about acquiring a player under contract on another team. They are only allowed to talk about trades after the league approves the trade.

6. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Hey guys, I'm a season ticket holder and I went with an event with other season ticket holders. I met a source inside the Rockets that said the Heat have resigned to the fact that Dwyane Wade will not be staying and are looking for cap space to sign someone else in the off-season. He/she said that the Rockets are in play with McGrady's expiring contract, but the Heat want Aaron Brooks and Chase Budinger involved, too.

Anyway, nothing's guaranteed, and GM's do often change their minds (especially Morey, according to my inside source!), but unless LeBron James is available, it appears Wade will be in a Rockets uniform within 8 days.

7. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

So basically, Washington says to themselves, even though we hate you, we'll send Jamison your guys' way so maybe you guys can win a championship this year.

Cleveland says thanks for Jamison, but, while nice, we don't trust you in trading Big Z because you guys might not buy him out. So, we need Houston in the mix.

Lol

8. aeolus13

aeolus13 Contributing Member

I don't see why we wouldn't. If I'm not mistaken, buying him out gets us under the LT line without having to give up assets or pay someone to take Cook off our hands. Besides, even if he is productive, squeaking into the playoffs as an 8 seed and getting blown out by the Lakers doesn't really help us.

As far as Washington holding out for Cleveland's assets for Jamison, I completely agree.

9. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

in before lock

10. Rileydog

I think Jose went back to his safe happy place.

11. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

yeah...why not trade Jamison and Butler for TMac? :rolleyes:

12. jose

jose Member

I already told you, I think it was called a "party suite". I don't want to say anything with certainty because I don't pay attention to little things, so if I happen to be wrong about a certian detail you might go 'THAT'S WRONG THIS GUY IS LYING'.

i'm not and I just wanted to let everyone know that this no where near being guaranteed, but Morey is very active in trade talks, he's on the phone constantly.

13. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Now that's insider info! :grin:

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

you aren't helping your cause by making a thread. You should have just put in the trade thread.

15. jose

jose Member

I'm not anywhere near an "insider", I just happened to be at the right place at the right time to hear that, they were reluctant from saying, but the person said "It'll be on the news soon anyway".

16. Egghead

Egghead Member

17. Rileydog

Oh, the "party suite".

Clutchfans, this is legit. This three way deal is a lock. The Wizards are going to screw themselves and help the Cavaliers to win a title. I'm glad it's all clear now. It was a "party suite."

Sticky this thread. It's gold.

18. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

He's talking about the Iron Fan recognition suite night for selected accounts with perfect attendance in January...

Never has an assistant gm shown up in there. It's ran by service executives and promotions staff............

19. jose

jose Member

I just looked all over the rockets website to see, and here it is:
    http://www.houstontoyotacenter.com/premium/suites.php

look at the bottom right, here you go internet police officer, now go stuff some fat buttery food in your face and type your greasy fingers on the keyboard some more.

20. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

my best friends sisters couzins step father twice removed dog was told that we were getting Lebron for T-MAC straight up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.