1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets are *probably* getting Caron Butler

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jose, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

what gives cleveland the idea that houston would buy out Z's contract and let him return to them? i think it's clear that houston wont do buyouts.

theyre not gonna do this unless they get a young player in return. they know lebron wants jamison and theyre gonna milk everything out of that scenario.

2. jose

jose Member

was not an event, present at the Rockets-76ers game(unfortunately).

3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

They'll neg rep him first, or this could be an I told you so thread.

4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I hope Aussie_Fozzie or whatever the freak his name is doesn't have multiple BBS accounts....

I like inside information, so I'll read it without too much suspicion.

5. jose

jose Member

Ferry and Morey have spoke about this and Morey has no problem buying out Z, where as Ferry is wary about what the Wizards are going to do, which is why this is a 3 team trade in the first place.

6. PlanetG

PlanetG Member

7. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

Wow...really? Ilgauskas for Antwan Jamison is stupid idea? What are you smoking?

8. RocketMania1991

If you found this out on Saturday why would you wait until Wednesday to post it ?

9. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

so please identify this "season ticket holder" area in which you heard this super secret insider info...

I'll save everyone the trouble... no such place exists. There are restricted areas for certain seat types -- typically high dollar seats. But that's not just season ticket holders.

There are special season ticket holder events, but old Jose has said it wasn't one of those (of course because it couldn't be).

1 person likes this.
  10. jose

jose Member

it happened last season with McDyess in the Iverson-Billups trade.

the source is an assistant of Morey's, they told me not to give our their name if I were to tell anyone, they said that any move made with the Rockets is going to be a business one and not a personal one.

11. Rileydog

Jose, answer my question.

What super insider "season ticket holder" place were you admitted to where you learned this double super secret information

12. LifeisButaDream

You do know that it illegal for Morey and ferry to talk about a buy out.

13. jose

jose Member

whether you want to doubt me or not is fine, but I'm just trying to give what I heard here, you could have ignored this thread. I didn't know whether it was a season ticket exclusive area VIP high dollar or what, I was with a friend and didn't expect any of it at all, I was just happy to go for free.

and if it doesn't happen, then delete this thread if you wanna complain about the server space, which you don't pay for.

1 person likes this.
  14. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Why would someone inside the Rockets organization give this info to some random guy?

15. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

[​IMG]

16. Rileydog

I'd like to believe you. I just want to know the facts.

so this area, was it the Lexus lounge, a separate room adjacent from it, a suite, what? I've been all over the TC. Describe where you were.

17. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

it's called tampering... If this indeed happened, someone is running the risk of getting fired and/or having the Rockets fined.

18. RocketMania1991

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

doesnt really answer my question...i know it's happened before, my point is it's tehcnically against rules to agree to buy out a player so he can go back to their original team. It can be done, but you can agree on it within a deal, so this asst. was very careless in saying that...could raise a red flag at the front office and cause them to investigate, potentially ruining the deal.

20. LifeisButaDream

smokescreen maybe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.