1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets are *probably* getting Caron Butler

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jose, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jose

jose Member

ok so, I was at toyota center in an area where only rockets season ticket holders can go to(I am not one, my friend is but they let me in anyway since I was with him :grin:). from a very good source, there's going to be a deal going down soon, it should be something like this with some small things present or not(draft picks, cash, etc.):

Rockets trades: Tracy McGrady, SG
    Washington trades: Caron Butler, SF Antawn Jamison, PF
    Cleveland trades: Zydrunas Ilgauskas, C

Rockets receives: Caron Butler, SF, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, C
    Washington receives: Tracy McGrady, SG
    Cleveland receives: Antawn Jamison, PF

Why Z? Well the Cavs apparently don't trust the Wizards in the respect that they may not buy out Z in spite(with Z returning to the Cavs 30 days after), so the Rockets being involved would prevent that.

anyway nothing is guaranteed as GMs could change their mind at any moment, but from what I'm hearing unless some amazing offer comes to Cleveland or Houston, this is the trade that is going down.

2 people like this.
  2. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

if you jinx this from happening,.... RAWR

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Hey man, I don't mean to be a jerk but you'd get a better reception if you put this as corroborating evidence in an existing Caron rumor thread. There are a few of them.

4. ebu

ebu Member

How did Cleveland get involved in this??

5. jose

jose Member

I wanted to put it where people would notice, I didn't get this information from Morey himself as he wasn't there, but an assistant of his, so it's his word.

and oops in my post it should be ( :grin: ) and receive not receives on the 4th line.

6. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

but why would Washington do it? Dont they want youth because if they do this deal they're not getting anything.

7. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I'd take Haywood over Z any day, but I understand the cap relief perspective.

8. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

i call BS.

Explain what the season ticket holder event was. I am a season ticket holder with points. I would have known about it.

9. jose

jose Member

they're going nowhere with that team they have, and Jamison is getting old so there's nothing to gain from him, they want to just save money at this point, and that trade would save them a TON.

as I said in the first post, the Wizards don't like the Cavs and there's word that Ferry doesn't fully trust the Wizards because they might not buy out Z in spite, the plan is for Z to be bought out then for the Cavs to re-sign him 30 days (by NBA rules) later.

10. herro

herro Member

fellow season ticket holder

heard nothing about this

11. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Whoa, this sounds interesting... Big Z, huh? Obviously I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but damn... Cavs have made it known that they want Jamison and putting Z on the block... Haywood is not going anywhere.

12. Majinalchemy

Majinalchemy Member

Cavs would be stupid to do this. They do a hell of a lot better with Z in than Shaq. Have you seen Shaq play lately? I didn't know it was possible to jack up so many 2-6 ft hook shots when you are feet taller than everyone.

13. devilsdandruff

really.
    wizards are trading both Caron Butler and Antawn Jamison

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Fair enough, but what do you say to the solid rumors about TMac heading to New York? I don't see them included in your trade.

1 person likes this.
  15. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Yea, this dude should be banned.

16. aeolus13

aeolus13 Contributing Member

It gets them out from under two players they'd owe over 30 mil for the next couple seasons.

17. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

If Z is just going to be bought out, even by us, that is a terrible trade. We need some size.

Chuck Hayes isn't getting it done.

Give me Haywood.

1 person likes this.
  18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

a few questions:

why would the rockets buy out big Z if they need a center?

how would your source know and even acknowledge that the cavs are only making the deal with houston instead of the wiz so big Z could be bought out and return to cleveland? I believe that's against NBA rules. It's technically been done before, but it would be pretty careless for the teams involved to let it out and raise suspicion

and finally, who is this source? this sounds pretty much like the same trade someone suggested last night, could it be possible that someone that works for houston, but has no inside info, read it on here and told y'all about it, and you assumed it was inisde info because of his position within the team/toyota center?

19. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

fake...

lock it up

20. AkeemTheDreem86

So basically Tracy for Butler straight up?

I'll take the NYK trade instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.