1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets are getting clowned on "The Jump"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Mar 25, 2021.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Clowned by Windhorst the Hutt. Smgdmfh.

pippendagimp likes this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah that's exactly what you want after losing 21 of 22 games.

payaso likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Could have held Dipo for his bird rights and done something in the summer....this seems panicky!

DD

beardsanity713 and rkh-dog like this.
  4. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

So they are saying the new NBA has more player control, and they can limit what teams they want to go to, and then laugh when no other team not on that list provides a fair return?

Welcome to the new NBA, chumps. Media also conspires to send players to certain teams. Build up certain players, tear down certain players. But thats just my observation of todays NBA.

Salvy likes this.
  5. Salvy

Salvy Member

Who cares? We have been getting clowned by the media for years and years.... We will continue to do so, Harden requested Brooklyn and that was that. The meltdown is unreal for something we already knew, that Oladipo was likely gone and for very little if anything at all. This is why I don't really care for any up and coming players. Gordon *cough*... They wont want to be here, they will eventually also want to leave and for what? nothing. We are rebuilding from the ground up and that's that. Stop over valuing system players in Miami or Orlando.... We need a cornerstone, may take years to get one.

Ramo$e and rkh-dog like this.
  6. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

Some folks desire to wallow in mediocrity I guess? Nobody goes full mediocrity

Ramo$e likes this.
  7. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Harden didn't want to be here. Enjoying the rest of his prime was never a option. Has nothing to do with Tilman.

rkh-dog likes this.
  8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Yes it does. It sure does. Don't expect me to respond if you want to argue about it, because you won't convince me nor many others either. It all has to do with Tilman.

HP3 and YOLO like this.
  9. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Same people:

2:05 pm: "HAHAHAHAH I CAN"T BELIEVE THE ROCKETS ARE KEEPING OLADIPO OMG YOU HAVE TO TRADE HIM FOR SOMETHING, DON"T THEY KNOW HE'S JUST GOING TO LEAVE"

2:10 PM: "HAHAHAHAHA OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THE RETURN THEY GOT, ROCKETS GOT FLEECED, SMH THEY SHOULD HAVE JUST HUNG ON TO HIM FOR THAT"

10. kumizi

kumizi Member

They should be laughing. The total return Houston got for Harden is just horrible unless somehow the entire Nets team is in a plane crash and those picks end up in the top 5.

11. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Careful, you are making too much sense for some folks on here.

Salvy likes this.
  12. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

its just so dumb and ridiculous, i can't comprehend what those people are thinking i guess

rkh-dog likes this.
  13. Salvy

Salvy Member

This, exactly this... Harden really screwed us to get where he wanted.... Unfortunately some people here see it justified since they dislike the owner. The one who really has us here is Harden, Imagine what we would gotten if Harden would have just simply wanted out of Houston so bad because of Tilman. People are upside down now and days just to justify their feelings and dislike of something...

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Weren't these people applauding the Rockets for this very same deal?

All I saw on ESPN was "THIS WAS A MONUMENTAL HAUL FOR THE ROCKETS!"

And now it's laughable?

15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

It was.. seems more like an inexperience move. CD worked with Morey and had Les who's poker face game was pretty damn good. This is on Stone. I'm hoping this is a looking at 10 steps ahead move. I wonder how much Pat Fertitta had to do with this.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Getting clowned by these idiots actually makes me feel better about the deal, haha.

rkh-dog likes this.
  17. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

Not sure if I should drop this here or in the Dipo thread. Question is whether all the rumors were just rumor or if this really was the best deal out there for Stone.

I’m still gonna reserve judgement since he is the one the rebuild was dropped on to see what he can do in the draft and this offseason.

Sucks that Wall and Ego got hurt and sat games before the trade deadline making them harder to move.

18. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

You are correct sir. The Rox let Harden run their franchise and name his own hours. That was the issue. That is why Chris Paul wanted out and Westbrick couldn't deal with it. Harden destroyed our team, salary cap, etc. It will be a painful process to extricate ourselves from this Harden mess. But he will get his ring on the Nets while riding on a banana boat of all stars. There's your new NBA.

#58 rkh-dog, Mar 25, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I believe that is what Tilman wants. A mediocre 8th seed.

Nook has taught me a lot about what Tilman might be wanting.

slothy420 likes this.
  20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I see you hopin'.