1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets are FIRST in the entire league

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Feb 14, 2018.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He sure was it was disgusting.

DD

RasaqBoi likes this.
  2. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I was around and followed the Olajuwon era (including Championship years), but I don't remember what it felt like when that 93-94 team won it all. What was the "feeling" of that team from a fan's standpoint during the regular season? I know they won 58 that year, but does this year feel reminiscent to that year?

3. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Rockets have to mash on the gas now. We have tough teams coming up, but who gives a damn. HCA for the WCF is a MUST.

D-rock likes this.
  4. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Agree brother. I've been feeling this way about the Rockets since early on this season. They just have to keep it up and go out and win it all this year...PERIOD.

I do believe they will stay relatively healthy come the post season. The added depth and insurance I believe helps a lot from not just a physical standpoint, but a team's mental standpoint. It's much less of a mental toll/burden when you have back.....(ask CP3/Harden).

From watching their 3 games this season against GSW...Rockets look good. Warriors clearly have trouble dealing with the Rockets. Let's not forget Harden didn't play in that loss to GSW.....and well....Harden does matter.

This team needs to win the championship to follow the Astros' historic run. We are overdue.

RyanB and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Not related to this thread, but don't mess with what's working. Leave M'boute and Tucker in the starting lineup. Two-way players who make our starting 5 stronger and more suitable to beat the Warriors.

My man Ariza and Anderson come off the bench.

RyanB, mario_v and hakeem94 like this.
  6. vince

vince Member

It was pathetic to listen to. Such an unprofessional commentator. Even Bill Whorel isn’t that blatant of a homer...

7. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I believe Ryno coming off the bench along with EGO just bolstered the 2nd unit's offensive prowess. Ryno seems to play more loose and confident off the bench as well.

RyanB and Hakeemtheking like this.
  8. bro2044

bro2044 Member

It's the first time since 93-94 that I've felt this way, but that year we had come off a tough 7th game loss to Seattle and came out into the season w/ a 15-0 start.

That one had more initial juice, we felt battled tested and ready.

This one is more experimental, but it's starting to feel "like" that or better. Amazing stuff.

9. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

In a sense this year's Rockets are also battle tested. Capela, Harden, EGO and Ryno are the common denominators from last year's disappointing playoffs.

RyanB likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

as long as GS is healthy, they're going to be the favorites no matter what. that includes even if the rockets get the #1 seed.

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

538 and I don't agree with you. Point differential and previous match-ups also speak to that. True, it is a metric of opinion, but I think this team just has something special.

D-rock and RyanB like this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Kerr: It's an embarrassment. I think the league is so happy with all the scoring that it doesn't want to enforce stuff like that.

D-rock and RyanB like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

you can disagree if you want. its just reality with how vegas works as far as underdog and favorite lines.

thats why i don't really care for who is considered the favorite in a GS and Hou matchup. They're the two best teams in the league. GS is going to be favored but as well all know anything can happen in the playoffs.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Walton has killed way too many brain cells. Dude was so obnoxiously awful last night.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Rockets in 1st place over the Warriors heading into All-Star break?

Obligatory...

[​IMG]

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

What about(depending on matchups of course) Ariza and Luc starting at the forward positions?

17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

You are thinking about Durant and the need for more height? Sure, these players are interchangeable.

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I definitely think that's a lineup D'Antoni may want to experiment with vs the Warriors. More than anything though, I want Luc to remain as a starter. I could be wrong, but I think he's undefeated in that role. Couple that with the 28-1 record when CP3, Harden, and Capela play together and a starting lineup of Paul, Harden, Luc, Capela, and either Tucker or Ariza would be virtually unbeatable.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  19. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Warriors after losing the 1 seed: *YAWN*
    Warriors after seeing a tweet about them losing the one seed: *73-9 INTENSIFIES*

D-rock likes this.
  20. touring_low

touring_low Member

So apparently Steve Kerr's wife tweeted this..and I'm guessing she's taking a jab at Morey for twitting #ripcity.

Note** Her page is private so only ppl whole follow her are able to see it.