1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets are 26th in transition. Ranked #3 last year.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LorneMalvo, Nov 25, 2019.

1. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

imo the reason in the decline is not westbrook, but the lack of opportunities. the shoddy defense isn't producing any turnovers.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I don't know how exactly nba.com stats does their "Playtype" PPP numbers (Points per Possession), but I think you should look at our PPP for each one of our Playtypes they list, then tell me what is our best "play."

Somehow, none of our PPP numbers (except for "Cut" and "Hand-off") are better than our overall PPP (which doesn't really make sense to me, since it's supposed to be equal to ORtg/100).

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea I guess....maybe those dislocated fingers are affecting his layups? I donno man, its all really strange. People keep talking to me about his routine being changed from his free throw line for the last three years, but sheesh this long? He might need one off season without injuries to really rehabilitate himself and get back to form.....i donno.

Unfortunately, we dont have that kind of time. Man we had Chris Paul but hes too old, we have Westbrook but hes not skilled enough(as of right now) We honestly need Lillard...and then none of these dudes could even touch us....this sucks man.

4. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I think this is spot on its difficult to shoot with mest up hands. The good news is you're right . Last year at this time our record wasnt nearly as good. Whats important now is to have the team hitting on all cylinders by march and April

5. bj3175

bj3175 Member

The refs dont call the calls when Russ is at the rim

6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I have no idea why Clutchfans are going overboard with Russell Westbrook is too inefficient.

To me I would rather have a Inefficient Russell Westbrook, than Russell is out 3 months recovering right now from knee surgery. Also dislocated fingers.

To me this Team will surge in 2 months, with Eric Gordon being healed up, plus Russell dominating in fast break points and making midrange shots. His knees, legs are recovering right now.

No doubt Doctors have told Russell Westbrook NOT TO DUNK, it is affecting his play, not having healthy legs and finger roll affects missed layups.

7. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Then, this team has no chance in the Playoffs. Cute transition teams get shut down every time. Just look at the Bucks. Dominant regular season transition team that ultimately had nowhere to go when the Raptors slowed it down. This is why Westbrook struggles in the Playoffs. He's not a good half-court player, which is deeply concerning.

8. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

You mean in Houston??

9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i do see westbrook do this though, as far as attacking when he gets the pass from a double teamed harden, playing 4 on 3. he usually finds an open man, but often we do not make the shot.

Rocket River likes this.