1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Apply for Exception

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NIKEstrad, Sep 5, 2001.

1. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

OP/Doc,

I've heard that when someone tears the ACL, the ligament is replaced with a synthetic ligament that actually makes the ACL stronger than the original.

Is this true &, if it is, why can't they replace the tendon with a synthetic one as well?

2. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

I suspect they're not doing your ACL work around b/c he tore his Achilles tendon.

3. Hottoddie

Achebe,

I was just using the ACL reference as an example of the medical technology that exists today. I realize that he tore his Achilles tendon & was just asking if that same technology could be used on tendon replacements & repairs.

4. paikj83

paikj83 Contributing Member

a synthetic ligament? hmm, i recently had ACL reconstructive surgery and they put a dead guy's ACL in me. :eek: ;)

5. Hottoddie

Those HMO's can be hell can't they? :D

6. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

LOL Hottoddie!

BTW, I knew what you were writing, I was just trying (and successful I do think) to be a smart alec.

NIKE,

I guess the Rockets haven't quite sent the exception application in yet... (and I was already counting the days :mad: )

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So they haven't submitted this, yet?????

You know if they are awarded it, then they have only 45-days from the date of the injury to use it...not from the date of the application or date of award.

So where are we at....7 days to file and another 14-20 to process...we may end up with only 2 weeks to use it even if we get it. What? Is it a 100-page application or something?