1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets All-Star Voting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jan 4, 2024.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think it was obviously a (tasteless) joke.

2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

On another note, Sabonis not even in the top 10 - bit of a surprise to me.

Actually, pretty great intermediate results for where we are and considering how much Wemby was hyped going into the season.

Hopefully, now that Alpi is the only Rocket showing up in the top 20 in the West, the Rockets (and maybe even @Clutch?) can ramp up the social media campaign a bit more, without ruffling any feathers with any other Rocket players or their management?

3. plegus

plegus Member

It might sound stupid but can his all nba odds better than all star? Just because how west is so stacked.

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

All NBA no longer requires a 2 guard, 2 forward and 1 center breakdown in the voting so I would think his All NBA chances are a lot lower than all star.

plegus likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Sabonis has never been a popular fan vote. He barely made the top 10 in fan voting last year as an all star and that was with KD in the east and no Kawhi. he also barely made the top 10 in the other two years as an all star while being in the East

but at least one of him or fox will make it in as a reserve for Sac being one of the top seeds in the West.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Do they classify Anthony Davis as a center or as a forward for All NBA?

If Davis is categorized as a Forward, I would argue Sengun should be third team All NBA.

And if the Rockets make the playoffs with Sengun as their franchise player whereas if Davis misses the playoffs despite having Lebron - Sengun should be selected over Davis anyway.

Only Jokic and Embiid are better Centers than Sengun at this stage.

Last year, it was Embiid/Jokic/Sabonis.

https://www.nba.com/news/2022-23-all-nba-teams-announced

Sengun is better than Sabonis already.

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

That’s what I’m saying. It doesn’t matter anymore. Under the old All NBA voting rules Sengun would have a much higher chance at all NBA. There is no more designated center spot on all nba ballots so forwards can take up spots that used to be reserved for centers.

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Got it, thanks. I thought it was only changed for the All-Star team.

Did they only change that this year? Because last year, they still had the Center spot separately.

[​IMG]

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yes the positionless change for All NBA via CBA for the next 7 years, was approved effective starting the 23-24 season

The 65 games minimum played goes into effect for this as well

10. invocux

invocux Member

Another proof why all-star selection means nothing. Ant is having a tremendous season and he's just above Morant who played 8 games lol. That's why when you hear someone says **** like "B..but X player ad Y amount of all-star teammates therefore..." you block him from everywhere.

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Just looked it up and it seems like this new rule isn’t going into effect until next season. I had heard Zach Lowe talk about the change being this year on his podcast today but I guess he was mistaken.

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/spo...ba-teams-shai-gilgeous-alexander/70081622007/

Edit: Never mind looks like this article was wrong. It is this year.

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum and AroundTheWorld like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

it's called the fan vote. it isn't an actual selection.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

jordnnnn likes this.
  15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I actually think his chance under the old rules (particularly with no minimum games) is much lower because Embiid & Jokic obviously take 2/3.

He would therefore have to beat out Anthony Davis for the other spot (also Sabonis, Gobert, maybe Chet & Wemby by season's end) - that seems like a tall order

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Sabonis did beat out Davis last year.

Currently, the Lakers are out of the playoffs, despite having Lebron and Davis.

Sengun is already better than all the guys you listed.

17. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Not sure what happened, but the Lakers play like Austin Reaves slept with someone's wife, GF, baby momma, and/or side piece any time he's on the floor. Without Reaves working with Lebron and AD well, the Lakers are basically running out a 2 person team and guys that couldn't make Washington's roster.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

Reaves is the only healthy true ball handler/playmaker outside of Lebron which is why he started last night. He's been coming off the bench for most of the season outside of the beginning. So playing bigger minutes with guys out is pretty self explanatory when he can play pg or wing.

Their pg's they signed over the summer. Vincent-Out. DLo-benched/Out/butthurt

Oh and the C.Wood effect. He still stinks

19. Rokman

Rokman Member

I see Sengun but I don't see Cunningham, Green, Mobley or Barnes. . . . .My, my, my how the tables have turned.

Sounds like there will some very bitter clutchfans members.

20. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

IMG_1523.gif

Rokman likes this.