1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Act I. A Shot For The Stars

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by i3artow i3aller, Oct 31, 2008.

1. i3artow i3aller

So it begins. This team is absolute hell on the hardwood despite being a shell of what they might become. The Rockets, still without Shane Battier’s defense and with T-Mac at far less than optimal strength, have already proven that they can win without playing anywhere near their best basketball. Ron Artest has been everything that Rocket Nation had hoped for and more. The win over Dallas only solidified what many already believed to be true. Ron Artest was the missing piece of a championship puzzle! When you factor in the development of Aaron Brooks, Carl Landry, Luis Scola, and the other key addition of Brent Barry, it really becomes unfair.

Where do we go from here?

Aaron Brooks has arrived! His playmaking skills have grown considerably over the offseason. His offseason of hard work has paid off as the game has slowed down considerably for him. This is a problem for the rest of the league because you can no longer leave this Rockets point guard unaccounted for. Bigger problem is that there is simply too much firepower surrounding him. What’s a team to do? Who do they leave open? Either way they are getting burned.

Shane Batter will eventually be back. Luckily for Houston, his transition will be a seamless one as Shane is perhaps the greatest of Houston’s exceptional role players. Houston won’t miss a beat as he works his way back into the rotation, and once fully recovered he will insert his imprint on the game as only he can. The game’s great scorers will spend many anxiety filled sleepless nights worrying about how to get buckets against the two greatest wing defenders in the league. Shane’s ability to play a different brand of lock down defense will only compliment Ron’s linebacker style and cat quick left hand. Scorers beware!

T-Mac’s return to form is something that every non Rocket is wishing against. He is clearly hurting, but is perhaps playing his best basketball to date. You don’t think so? Look a little closer and you will see the Rocket’s most talented player facilitating the offense and getting to the line despite operating on just one good leg. What’s worse for opponents is that he is canning his free throws, and while it is still early, it appears that this trend will only continue. He’s taking his time and should be around 80% on the year. He is doing exactly what he has to do for this team to win as he works his way back from injury. Once healthy, Houston will soar to unimaginable highs that will most likely include another jaw dropping winning streak.

Yao and Ron have been as advertised, and will be key to Houston continuing its good start to the season. They will be aided by an elite bench and the savvy play of the recovering Tracy McGrady, and their stifling trademark defense will keep them close during the season’s early pitfalls. When finally healthy they will dominate in ways Houston has not seen for decades. A team of unrivaled chemistry, that boasts perhaps the league’s most devastating defense finally has the offensive ability to not only punch teams in the teeth, but is also now capable of delivering the final knockout blow.

I only ask you all to enjoy the team and the ride we are all embarking upon. Embrace each team member and support them throughout. For after years of blowups, this Rocket launch is surely destined to reach the stars.

2. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

Great piece and keep up the good work.

3. trance112

trance112 Member

amen! :D

now bring on the Celtics Nov. 4th!!!

4. TheTruth

TheTruth Member

link please! jk, good read

5. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Didn't know where else to ask this and it's not that important but why is New Orleans ahead of Houston ? We're 2-0 in division and conference so shouldn't we be #1 ? :D

6. ClutchCityReturns

Not a bad piece, but there are quite a few extra words thrown in there that could/should be taken out, and there are too many definitive statements about a team that has only played two games (McGrady shooting 80% from the line, likely having another "jaw dropping" winning streak, etc.).

Good start, but next time I'd like less puff, more stuff. :cool:

7. i3artow i3aller

Everyone has the rockets in their top 5/6 teams. I know when healthy we have the guys to guard anyone and everyone on opposing teams. My question is whom do they have to guard our stars?

8. agobbi17

agobbi17 Member

we want the lakers and the celtics

ron artest...... hoe

9. durvasa

durvasa Member

Based on recent history, we should all take our most optimistic expectations and dial it down by about 20%. It'll probably be more accurate, and if not the winning will be that much sweeter.

10. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Last night...they would have put Ron on Dirk if Shane is playing. Because if you put Ron on Dirk, who is Scola guarding then?? He's not quick enough to guard Howard. So i am guessing if Battier is playing, Ron will guard Dirk and Battier on Howard.

11. Bassem

Bassem Member

WOOO! The was the best piece I've read on the Rockets all year! You got me so dam excited, and I can't wait for this team to be in top form. Let's beat 22!!

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

Not bad at all but a lot of assumptions i feel to pass as fact or more than likely to happen two games into the season.

as i do every year i will wait till all-star break to pass judgement on this team --injuries not withstanding of course-