1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets acquire Thomas Robinson; Morris traded to Phoenix; Patterson, Douglas, Aldrich to Kings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 20, 2013.

?

Do you like the Thomas Robinson-Patrick Patterson trade?

1. Yes

91.5%
  2. No

8.5%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

they might be crazy and driven by money but not completely out of their minds

2. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

so longest tenured rockets are parsons and greg smith lol

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Wow. I didn't realize how athletic this guy was until I watched his highlights. If he can develop his mid-range game and learn a bit more in regards to basketball IQ, dude could be legit.

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Thomas Robinson: A lesser Antonio McDyess

5. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Give me a break.

6. WNBA

WNBA Member

there goes the playoff chances for good

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol...yeah, didn't think of it this way.

8. Lefty

Lefty Member

idk why but, this made me laugh.

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Kings deal hasn't been finalized yet, right? So it could end up being a multi-team trade?

10. munco

munco Member

I felt coming out of college Thomas Robinson wouldn't be nearly as effective in the NBA. I remember thinking he wasn't athletic enough or particularly skilled enough in any aspect of the game to become a really good play. The best hope was for him to be a David West type guy.

With this said he is still young and he should get some PT now that we shipped out our primary PFs. This could turn out to be a great trade for us but I'm sad to see so many of our guys get shipped out. For as much as I complained about some of them, I really liked them and I think we could've found success keeping the group in tact.

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Wtf? We just beat OKC tonight with half a team

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Missed the game tonight?

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think we keep him, if we could get a love/aldridge type player for him then by all means. Smith/Milsap? Not so much, these guys are both 27 and expiring. Will be asking for big contracts for the next 5 years probably. These guys aren't allstars and won't get us there. Rather keep cheap young robinson, let him develop and trade him for a real star if the chance comes.

If we traded him for smith only i'd be a little down. If dwight was coming with smith this offseason then again, by all means trade him.

14. AlbanyFan

AlbanyFan Member

I agree, I don't think TRob will stay around. Dmo and White/Smith are enough projects. I bet TRob and TJones get traded for a starting PF. Probably a veteran. There goes "youngest team" label.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

What, you're ignoring me now? :)

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Not mine but...

[​IMG]

17. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

can someone PLEASE tell me why this hasnt been "Stickied?"

18. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The Houston Rockets and Sacramento Kings have just finished their trade call with the NBA, finalizing this deal - <a href="http://t.co/0Nh1toWsQT" title="http://usat.ly/WbzNKN">usat.ly/WbzNKN</a></p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/304452026681679874">February 21, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Do you see how far we are ahead of portland and the lakers?? 30-26 and 25-29

We would have to loose 3 games in a row without a win and they would have to win 5 games in a row without a loss to even out with us.

Doubt it, playoff chances still very good.

20. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Feel bad for the guys being traded....from a playoff contendor to the bottom feeding team.