1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets acquire Suns picks, return Nets picks to Brooklyn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 25, 2024.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Like how Presti, the best GM, swindled two highly protected FRPs from the Rockets and didn't have to even give up a late lottery pick to the Rockets? Stupid Stone got the Rockets stuck with Sengun.

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

So for 2025, we get the worse 1st rounder between us and OKC?

3. megastahr

megastahr Member

This … and I would have called their bluff. No way they turn down that offer from NYK. Like 0 chance. They got more than we got paid for harden, more than what jazz got for Mitchell. There really was no way the nets turn that down

bridges is not harden or Durant … they were taking the nyk deal which is why they came back to us

4. megastahr

megastahr Member

Then we can swap that with phx

none will be lottery pick likely

invocux likes this.
  5. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

They think we can luck into another top 3 overall next year lol

6. dmoneybangbang

And they were 9th worst with a heavily injured roster and Bridges.

They clearly tried to retool with the top targets but realized they couldn’t get players like Mitchell or PG.

The Nets had no reason to tank as long as we had their picks.

TriumVirate likes this.
  7. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I mentioned this in another thread but I think this is exactly what is happening. I think negotiations are high right now and a deal might be in place.

I think it depends if Clingan is there at 3 and if he is then Sengun gets traded to Phoenix for KD in a package.

Not saying that’s what I want to happen but I think it’s a high probability. I think there’s gonna be a lot of action tonight.

8. JumpMan

JumpMan Member
    Supporting Member

Let's all get together and devise a plan to kidnap him. o_O

Joe Rocket and kspires999 like this.
  9. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

With a shitty coach and last time I checked they are still playing in the weak East.
    People still don't get that our trade with Nets was a contingent trade.

10. Qan

Qan Member

Is there another move yet? Let's get it on already.

megastahr and evo8lover like this.
  11. megastahr

megastahr Member

Next years nets were not going to be good. No one is going there on discount they don’t have cap space to outbid

there isn’t many good fas so teams will be overpaying for what is there and the guys willing to take discounts aren’t doing so to play with bridges

the lamest take in this convo is “nets don’t do the deal with nyk unless rockets did this deal” or “nets weren’t going to suck” I 100% disagree with both.

The nets take the Knicks overpay and even if they didn’t their 25 pick had a good chance to win the lottery again.

also, none of that matters in talking about what the nets actually got. They got two high lottery picks in two stacked drafts with multiple generational talents, probably in them.
    That is worth way more than what we got

#591 megastahr, Jun 26, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2024
    pippendagimp, Joe Rocket and ArtV like this.
  12. Icehouse

Icehouse Member

So many people overlooking how weak the East is and the conditions that led the Nets to miss the playoffs. And the only reason they probably didn’t care about making it was because it looked like we were going lotto too, rendering the swap negligible.

13. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

I just think everyone is just guessing and putting theories out as fact. Even Windy was asking why would Houston trade the Nets picks after the Nets traded Bridges so there must be some trade in the works, he apparently doesn't get that the Bridges trade was contingent on the Houston trade.

Everyone things some trade is in the pipeline, I think we are just preparing for the future. I don't think we go after KD but maybe Book later down the road if he is available.

Sooner423 likes this.
  14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

Windhorst the Hut actually mentioning Sengun could be offered for KD?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Amel, Plowman and htownrox1 like this.
  15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Ideally it would be Green, # 3, Suns picks for Booker.

Id hate to see Sengun go instead of the # 3 but for Booker I can see Rox doing it.

Any trade for Durant is completely stupid. He needs to go to a contender for picks.

With Green and their picks back and Durant picks, PHX could be rebuilding quickly.

16. TheSource

TheSource Member

I agree I think Ime wants to get a win now player asap.

htownrox1 likes this.
  17. megastahr

megastahr Member

I’d 100% trade suns picks plus Sengun for Booker

be cool if we can trade down with Charlotte for Williams first though and give them that pick instead of 3 and give us a center with promise

18. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Member

When the trade was first reported and didn't include the 2025 swap I considered it a home run. With the swap included it's now a strategic gamble I can live with. As excited as I was about the possibility of getting a top pick in next year's loaded class, I recognize that we got very lucky moving up this year. Brooklyn was badly constructed but didn't really look to be a bottom 5 team next year, so in order to have a shot at the top prospects we'd probably need to get lucky again. We'll never know how things would have played out because Brooklyn is clearly tanking hard now, whereas they didn't have that incentive before.

Personally, I'm more than happy to root for Phoenix and Dallas to implode vs Brooklyn. And we still get to root for Brooklyn to stink for the 2027 swap anyway. Phoenix has a terrible long term outlook and that 2027 pick is very promising. Durant is 36 years old and his contract only runs through 2026. If the stars align and all three teams hand us high lotto picks this would be the deal of the decade for Stone.

Also, having control of the Suns' picks give us prime bargaining position if they ever decide to rebuild. Can't complain about that as I think Booker would be the ultimate partner for Sengun. Their own picks are more valuable to them than any other teams' picks could possibly be.

duluth111222 and count_dough-ku like this.
  19. Amel

Amel Member

LOL at Sengun and 3 for Durant...that is the dumbest trade idea ever

pippendagimp and albuster like this.
  20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

It would have to be a lot more than Sengun for Booker to make salaries work. Sengun is kind of untradeable without dumping other major parts.

Sengun, Jalen, Jeff Green, Landale, and Tate works.

Sengun, Jalen, and Brooks works.