1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Acquire Rights to David Andersen

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets934life, Jul 14, 2009.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I figured out my thunder from down under was caused by my favorite snack: wasabi peas. :(

edit: but yes, it does shock the haters!

2. BarkleyHater84

I heard someone mention Boone, Josh Boone, right? I think he's pretty good, actually. I think he would be a pretty good fit.

3. Landlord Landry

so, what time is the championship parade?

4. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Scola = ZERO Euroleague MVPs

Where does this myth come from that Scola won a Euroelague MVP. He NEVER won a Euroleague MVP.

5. BarkleyHater84

Tomorrow at 9:30 pm at Cuttino Mobley's house.... :D

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Well, there are many forms of thunder from down under. The one that I thought of was the Vegas version, having just returned from checking out Summer League with Yoyo, RAID and KWAMe...

There were billboards of these guys all over the city.... somebody should photoshop Andersen's and Newley's heads onto this pic:
    [​IMG]

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Mine eyes! LOL

8. Chinesexiaohai

[​IMG]

they will play together

9. somenobody

somenobody Member

Finally! :D Fitting in is more important than talent! Hope this will work!

10. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

What are you talking about? Those are NOT Euroleague stats.

11. bleh12345

bleh12345 Member

Not excited. Yeah he's 6"11 but Aaron Brooks can out rebound him and he's not a shot blocker.

Looks like he has some range which is a plus, but I wonder how our offense will be like next year? We have no low post presence at all, and we aren't Suns or Warriors if anyone is still dreaming about run n gun we aren't even close in terms of overall fire power and athleticism.

[Continuous ranting] We have no one except for Brooks who can create his own shot, we have no Yao so you have to wonder if Scola can be as effective, who's gonna be our main weapon aka top scorer now it looks like it's gonna be Brooks! We'll be lucky to crack 80 points per game. Argh :(

1 person likes this.
  12. Ashes

Ashes Member

Seems solid.

13. itony

itony Member

let's just hope that he catches on to the way we play in the nba more quickly than scola did after coming from the euro league. He played alright the first year but did get in to a lot of foul trouble and such. It wasn't until the second year or so that he came in to his own.

14. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

cmon guise, think about teh good things about this. we get a center that can shoot the ball. naw im sayin?

15. BarkleyHater84

I feel your pain, man. I see lottery in our future. Who's the top guy coming out next year?

16. itony

itony Member

The way we play is not about creating your own shot, it is about penetrating and creating shots for others. The motion offense is about cuts and screens and getting open so others can find you and you can make the open shot!

17. BarkleyHater84

No, not really.....

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nice post. You deserve reps for this one. T-mac not moving without the ball when he is healthy is a myth manufactured by one poster on this board.

T-mac is a play maker, not a catch and shoot guy. Rick Adelman is an adaptive coach. I can not believe people love Ron Artest who is a ball hog compared to T-mac who leads the team in assists.

Playmakers need the ball to make plays. They draw double teams and can get you out of jams when you need it. A team totally without a playmaker is a team doomed to fail int he playoffs. Every great team has at least one, possible more.

T-mac can and does fit in RA's system, he played great the second half of the 2008 season - that's proof the two work together well.

Some will choose to judge t-mac on the way he played while nursing a knee injury. That's their right to. It's easy to bash a guy you don't like when he is playing hurt.

Personally, I'm glad he will get a chance to show people that he still has game. It's only unfortunate he won't have Yao with him.

19. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Brooks 20 pts
    Ariza 17 pts
    Battier 15 pts
    Scola 17 pts
    Landry 12 pts
    Lowry 8 pts
    Budinger/Taylor 10 pts

remember, the absence of two ball stoppers means more efficient scoring for everyone. points will be spread out and we'll be extremely efficient because all of our players are now very efficient.

the irony of having our two stars out will most likely mean us having our most potent offensive season ever.

20. BarkleyHater84

Where is Brad Newely at, anyway?