1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets a Top 4 or Bottom 4 come Playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Nov 22, 2013.

?

Where do you see the Rockets?

1. Top 4 Seed

52 vote(s)
    41.3%
  2. Bottom 4 Seed

67 vote(s)
    53.2%
  3. Out of the Playoffs

7 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. langal

langal Contributing Member

Can we move back to the EAST?

2. Play07

Play07 Member

After Dwight Howard signed w/ Houston, Rockets GM Daryl Morey sent Mark Cuban text asking about dealing for Dirk. Cuban took it as a taunt @espn_macmahon

breaking news, someone may want to make a thread

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

I bet right after all star break we go on a long winning streak.

We will finish 3rd.

Quit tripping about early season woes.

4. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

1st place after a 23 game winning streak. Championship.
    /thread.

5. KWilson71

KWilson71 Member

I think we are destined to meet the Warriors in the 4 and 5 matchup. Which is going to scare me with Curry and Klay against this perimeter D so far this season. I'd put my money on 4.

6. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Any seeds lower than 6th is probably considered a bust for this roster with Howard....or at least a waste of money.

7. Tommyboys

Tommyboys Member

we are better than the warriors and i think we can beat the spurs too,

8. muas2010

muas2010 Member

I don't know about it this year...with Iguodala onboard they are that much better on the perimeter defensively. Remember Iguodala is Harden's achilles so they are going to be a pretty tough team (assuming Curry doesn't break his ankle).

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Still a top 4 seed. Stop overreacting based on the first dozen or so games. There's a LOT more basketball left to be played, true talent level will win out.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

If we keep the same team and Asik continues to sulk and play hard? Bottom 4. But does anyone truly believe Morey's not going to remake the team and shore up weaknesses? Or that our still extremely young roster isn't going to play better just through more experience?

Our rotation players have one person over the age of 30. 6 of our rotation players are of the age: 22, 24, 25, 25, 25, 25. Last year we were the youngest team in the NBA. This year our core got a year older. They're still freaking young and can improve.

11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To my way of thinking , it's a foregone conclusion that Asik + goes out for a top tier star at/or before the deadline. WHEN this happens, will be key to the seed. Barring injury, I can't see the Rockets finishing anywhere out of the top 3. But the best thing, is that we should have massive momentum as top talent gels.

AND ..Take out Miami in the Finals with our size!

#31 Plowman, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  12. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

You're right, come playoffs we will be at 7th

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Miami started their season 8-6 when Lebron got there.

It will take time folks

14. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Yeah...but you are talking about Lebron, Bosch, and Wade........this team's two best players just posses critical flaws in their game.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So you think this team has peaked? You think they won't get better? After less than a month playing together?

16. Jblazea50

Jblazea50 Member

Bottom four. Morey built this team like the Phoenix Suns with Nash and Amare. Only difference is Amare's offense is light years ahead of Dwight's. Also, Suns team were efficient and were played much better defense. Until this team learns to play defense, their ceiling is second round.

17. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Yes, but only to Howard. He's never going to improve his post play or FTs...ain't happening as it's his 9th year already. It's going to take more years to truly know what Harden, Parsons, Jones, Bev, and Lin is about. It's not like you already have 3 established superstars like the Miami team...that's all I'm saying. On the bright side, the team is only 3.5 games from the top spot....but every loss now is one more game you would need to win later on.

18. Raven

Raven Member

Depends on how long Morey waits to move Asik and what he gets in return, but the Rockets are playing like a team who will be lucky to get the 4th seed, will probably get the 5th seed and might even fall to the 6th seed.

19. NullNexus

NullNexus Member

The only thing that matter is the Championship and with the type of game Harden is playing the end result is Melo 2.0, No ring until Harden can be a prolific scorer / facilitator without having the ball 90% of the time. Pretty sure Harden will play stubborn basketball for this contract and the next and only after enough year of no ring he will sign with a contending team for league min. Book it.

20. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Come to think about it....this might actually be an insult to Melo. This is how bad Harden might turn out to be.