1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 23-24 Trade Deadline Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Feb 8, 2024.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

You are not a champion until you will one..........Is Morey a great GM? he hasn't won a title. Owners are the same.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Color me still unimpressed, all the other GMs are doing business with each other and Stone is one of the least active ones.......

It will bite him when he really needs people to listen to him.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

you can set the goal. doesn't mean it was ever going to happen. This roster full of still raw kids and non stars isn't a playoff team.

that was never going to be a one year sudden fix from a 20 win team

topfive likes this.
  4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

If only we had owners like Denver, San Antonio or Miami - you know "business savants" where one inherited the Wal Mart fortune another sells Caterpillar tractors and the other was ... wait for it - the founder of Carnival cruise lines!! LMAOOOOOO

Mathloom likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, yeah, but this saying is more as a consolation prize, and the Rockets have been saturated with consolation prizes since the Harden loss to the Worriers.

6. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

7. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

the Raptors might want to get rid of Chris Boucher's contract now that they acquired Olynyk.
    Landale's non-guaranteed contract plus a couple 2nd round picks might be enough to pry him away from Toronto.
    not as good a 3-point-shooting/passing like Olynyk but better defender and some rim-protecting

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol terrible

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

I like Boucher; definitely not the brick wall, rim protector type. More of a stretch 5/long PF

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

I've read sooooo many posts here where people talked about Tilman's concept of "Phase 2" and his quote about "competing again" and said it meant that he expected us to make the playoffs. Of course, you want your coach to say that, and maybe even believe it, but the trade deadline is about the plans of the ownership and front office, and this year our goal was never about making the playoffs. They're not going to sacrifice any future at all to do that. Especially not with this team, which has lots of maturing still to do.

harold bingo, Williamson and YOLO like this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

we have Chris Boucher at home away way

12. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Warriors were tough and we were the only team to take it up to them

Paul's hamstring didn't help

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It is just a marketing campaign to sell tickets. I don't think it is indicative of what the coach or GM feels about the team or player or anything. Just advertisements to sell tickets.

16. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

he's so valuable at that cheap contract. Wouldn't surprise me if we picked his option up next year. He's perfect for when someone gets injured. Make the suns, celtics overpay.

Patience likes this.
  17. topfive

topfive CF OG

Astros tanked for 3 years, then had a season that showed improvement, then made the playoffs the year after that.

That's exactly the approach the Rox FO is looking at. Which means they expect to see us in the playoffs NEXT year.

Patience and YOLO like this.
  18. OremLK

OremLK Member

If I'm Stone, I'm trying to see if I can get Boston's first-rounder before I take the Mavs' offer

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

nobody is going to over pay for Tate. There's nothing special about him whatsoever. Not taking multiple 2nd rounders for him is flat out stupid. It frees up minutes for guys who need it on this roster and you can use those 2nd rounders to improve offers for a back up big or a shooter

topfive and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

haven’t you heard? We’re trading Tate, Green, Landale and maybe Adams in a package for an all-star next season!!!

from the guy who gave away picks to not sign Brook Lopez

ramotadab likes this.