1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 22 game winning streak > Miami winning streak.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SK34, Mar 18, 2013.

1. jlowe362

jlowe362 Member

Plus now there more equipped then 2008 (these role players)

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rick Adelman changed the Rockets offense, it was a very stagnant and predictable offense under JVG.

3. thedude077

thedude077 Member

And plus Mcgrady played injured. And that's what hurt his knee for ever.

4. jlowe362

jlowe362 Member

Hey what channel do the Rox c'mon on the new com cast sports?

5. SK34

SK34 Member

I've started many threads regarding the Houston rockets such as the Hakeem Olajuwon game thread, 22 win streak.. Etc.. It's always been bout the old rockets because well the garm is all full of Lin fans and Harden fans which makes it ridiculous. I love the rockets, I would talk trash for them even if they were 0-82.

6. Shakee

Shakee Member

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's clear that the 22 game streak we did was truly remarkable. Credit T-mac, Adelman, Yao for the first half, and great teamwork.

Was awesome. Doesn't matter if it's the 2nd or 3rd longest, winning 22 in a row is incredible.

1 person likes this.
  8. joesr

joesr Member

A little unfair though, even from you.

Consider that this is only the 2nd year in those Miami contracts so still not that high and also considering they all took a little less so they all could play with each other.

while Tmac was in his 2nd to last year of his contract equaling a higher part of his contract during a 5 year contract compared to 3 year contracts?

9. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

In retrospect, the winning streak was ultimately what led to the demise of Tracy McGrady. He played his heart out every game, the same with Dikembe and Rafer. Once the playoffs started everyone was drained and injured, yet they still pushed the series against Utah to 6 games, which I thought was remarkable considering we literally had nobody except a beat up Tracy carrying this team.

1 person likes this.
  10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'd agree...

But once the Heat get their win streak higher...then theirs will be more impressive.

11. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

12. old_eggplant

old_eggplant Member

considering Heat got a lot of super star calls from refs, rockets's streak is much harder. I think Heat's streak would be stopped earlier if they didn't get those calls.

13. Rocket Booster

T-Mac just led his Chinese team to last place in the Chinese League and he's STILL running his big mouth? This guy is never going to change.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

You're mad that he's complimenting the Rockets?

Careful - you don't want to fall too far off the Heat bandwagon.

15. Asian Sensation

Tracy McGrady is so 2005.

16. Rocket Booster

I'm just stating a fact. T-Mac is a douche bag of epic proportions.

17. SacTown

SacTown Member

Tmac is right. The fact that the Rockets did it with a bunch of scrubs and Tmac and partially Yao was much more impressive. Shows what caliber of player Tmac was when he was healthy. Yao was a big part of the first 11 games of the streak but Tmac was the heart and soul of that entire win streak. Mutumbo did really step up, I remember all the blocked shots and finger waving during that streak, good memories which I doubt we will ever have as Rockets fans ever again.

18. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

how many rings does rick adelman have?

19. SunsRocketsfan

Fun fact .. exactly 5 years ago today on March 18th.. the Rockets had their 22 game win streak snapped by the Celtics.

Hopefully history repeats itself although not likely :(

20. AXG

AXG Member

The game is still early but looks like Boston will end the Miami cHeat's streak.