1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 2024 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Apr 14, 2024.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

Are they sending out J-Dub in the deal? They have like 7 guards on their roster and there's only one ball.

roslolian likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Markannen, DeRozan, Middleton, PG13, Ingram, Durant......

DeRozan could be the discount Booker.......third clutch player after Curry and SGA.

• The good thing about the Thunder is that they would not give a shet about age.....they can throw things at a 35 year old.

• A wing should do.

• Hayward is not cutting it offensively, oddly that he is more of a defensive player now.

#422 daywalker02, May 3, 2024
    Last edited: May 3, 2024
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

not in a trade, would take too much and not worth it at his age

ArtV and Corrosion like this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

An opt-in & trade would be akin to the CP3 deal, where they only get spare parts and light value.

I have no idea why PG, KD, or Butler would have any interest in Houston, but at least PG could be feasibly affordable, again since he has the ability to opt-out and walk, we theoretically could get him for salary fillers and a protected pick

An example offer: Brooks, Jeff, and Landale + Rockets 2027 lotto protected 1st

If Clip's options are that or George walks to Philly in FA, they take it in a heartbeat. For KD or Butler that package doesn't stand a chance on the open market. Again though, I can't fathom why any of these guys want to be here.

Corrosion and joshuaao like this.
  6. NewAge

NewAge Member

good post, got me thinking.
    And NO, I’d take the 2024 Suns roster now over the 2021 roster now.

2021 was a lighting in a bottle. A lot of it was CP3, who not only produced on the court but made others better (like Ayton). But CP3 is just too much of a d******d and quickly runs out his welcome, plus he’s no longer producing on the court.

Ayton is a vagina, he checked out once he got paid (something I’d worry with Jalen Green, too). I’d take Nurkic over Ayton, he’s just a better fighter.

Mikal Bridges and Cam Johnson are just mid.

Is Jae Crowder still in the league? Cam Payne is not good… (Morey shoulda kept Beverley)

Nah, this Suns roster is better.

roslolian and dobro1229 like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Clutch City Entertainment helps the players gain leverage in their negotiations.

8. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I mean if we could get him for literally nothing AND dump brooks then ya of course you do it, but you're also giving him 200+ mil

roslolian likes this.
  9. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I like how everyone turned the Rockets down when we could have used them then want to leverage us when they 35 and our core is 23 @J.R.

you (Butler, George, Harden, anyone else) turned us down when we needed you. Kinda coming full circle now for these old heads looking for a final payout.

BigMaloe, ArtV, Fulgore and 3 others like this.
  10. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

[​IMG]

BigMaloe, BamBam, Zen Tabak and 2 others like this.
  11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Right like the CP opt-in trade, PG would only be under contract for one season but presumably there would be a private agreement for an extension the following FA.

Because of the 38 rule, the max years any of these 35 and 36 year old players could sign for is 3 years. I think a full 3 year max would be rough, but I wouldn’t definitely wouldn’t have a problem with a one year guaranteed max extension, ending with FVV in 2026.

joshuaao likes this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

That would be hella dumb they don't even need Booker they got first seed. What they need is center depth imo, for the cases when Chet is too thin.

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Just depends on what he’d cost. If they’d take the 2024 pick and Dillon Brooks, yes.

Y2JT likes this.
  14. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

I would prefer we just stay the course with these young kids, let them grow and learn together under a competent coach. Let’s see what we get with the draft and just plug in free agent vets when you have a chance and let’s run it back.

15. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Gutting the team to get all these players who got kicked out of the first round and sitting at home like we are? Players who are often injured or on the downside of their career? Sounds like a plan……

BigMaloe, ArtV, kspires999 and 5 others like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Missed out on Conley jr.

Such a controlled player.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

He's old. And Minny traded assets for him.

18. Y2JT

Y2JT Member

I would offer Brooks and both Greens.
    We upgrade the SF significantly. We may be able to give PG a deal that keeps him here no longer than Brooks is here anyway.
    Giving them Green means only Sengun needs extending next year and we keep our pick this year so we can draft a better shooter (Sheppard or Knecht).
    Overall we should be giving up minimal assests for a positional upgrade and a great culture fit. He seems a big fan of Sengun too.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This makes a lot of sense but I would still caution here until we know that the Rockets are among his Top 3 destinations.

Otherwise it would not make sense at all to chase after someone who already has prime destinations.

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I agree with the cost analysis here ... PG13 can be had for peanuts if he only opts in to facilitate a trade to his preferred destination.

I think it's pretty easy to see why those very good older players might want to play here - There's a lot of talent on this roster. It's one thing for us to make that statement .... but more than a few NBA players have made similar statements, PG13 among them.
    If he really believes in the young talent on this roster, why wouldn't he want to play here?

I wouldn't want to give up any of Sengun, Amen, Jabari, Tari, Cam or Green ..... and none of the Brooklyn picks either.

But for salary filler - Brooks, Tate, Adams ($$$works) and the 27 lotto protected pick ..... yes, sign me up.

Hive5 likes this.