1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 2012/2013 appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Unstable, May 4, 2013.

1. Unstable

Unstable Member

Okay although it sucks that we never made it past round 1 of the playoffs I still think we should appreciate our team for having accomplish many positive things.

I would like to thank all the players on the roster for contributing each in their own way for the success this year. As mentioned earlier, my own modest expectations was for the team to do better than 0.5. They have far exceeded that by not only reaching the playoffs but making the Thunder sweat like hell - heck a few of those games we barely lost...

Looking forward, I hope for improvements to our players and trust Morey will do his usual business of bringing relevant pieces to make us contenders firstly in the western conference for next year.

I hope we can retain our quad core HALP and just add to our gap in the PF position. But I will like to see the following players improve in their respective weak areas-
    Harden - defense, stop looking to draw the foul (especially during playoffs), start to trust his team mates more (I.e. reduce the iso plays)

Asik - catching, assertiveness in going to the hoop, better screening

Lin - confidence (at times he seems too unsure of himself what he intends to do), learn to protect himself (from falls and other players), expand his tricks (currently he seem to rely more on the element of surprise I.e catching the opponent unawares rather than on special moves, at the moment he is only using quickness but that would lose its value as the season progresses)

Parsons - consistency (he's good but he needs to be good all of the time and not occasionally), leadership (sorry neither Lin nor Harden has that spark to inspire people but Parsons has it I know he's hampered by the fact that he isn't the highest paid player on the team but he can really be the guy that all the rest will be willing to play their guts out for), learn the eurostep (it will open new opportunities for him in offense)

The other players to work on their individual weak areas and recognize that our coach McHale will make use of them as appropriate.

I think McHale has done a good job at encouraging the growth of this young team. Of course there will always be th tweakngs that he's done I disagree with but overall I still thank him for having done a good job with the rockets (and yes this thanks is to the all the coaches too.)

Looking forward to the next season. Go Rockets!!!

2. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Great season from being there opening night even though they lost ;( to finishing the season making a name for ourselves even though we lost :(

I blame myself for the Rockets losing this series because both games i attended they lost. Haha jk Till next year gimmie DHoward and Asik lineup and that SOLVES a lot of defensive woes

3. AFS

AFS Member

I'm glad we finally got some playoff basketball in Houston again. Feels good to not be picking in the lottery.

4. zawa

zawa Member

It was an excellent season, and it is the perfect way to start as the Rockets will become a future power with all the youngster we have on this team.

People on this forum get way too impatient sometimes, just eight months ago, we were regarded as one of the worst teams in the league, now look where we are at, the playoffs and taking the second best team in the NBA to 6 games.

It is also unreasonable how much players get compared when they have a good / bad night as if he would lose that staring role / playing time. Performances of players gets way over-exaggerated such as Harden, Lin, both these guys have great nights and also terrible nights, and they are always overrated or underrated no matter what.

To truly appreciate this Rockets team, we must see things more objectively. It is funny how people who are not Rockets fans would be more proud and happy for this club than some people in our community here at ClutchFans. Be glad that we have a future to look forward to and the result we got this season was overwhelming and way out of the expectations of any of us at the beginning of the year.