1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 2012-13 Schedule Released

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikeyharris, Jul 25, 2012.

1. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

I was happy to see the opening game is at Detroit so I don't have to wait to see the Rockets. Last time I saw the Rockets was during the Yao/Francis days so it will be a long time coming for me.

1 person likes this.
  2. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Member

anyone know when regular tickets go on sale? none of that mini package deal for me

3. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

I won't go to a game till we make the playoffs again that's for are....after that lockout I almost let in, and bought a 20 plus game pkg....then out of no where the trade clears then is cancelled, so I declined my tix, in regards to not supporting the NBA attendance. I of course gave them ratings on my tv....and until some excitement happens, such as, a rookie being ROTY or Lin winning 45 games on his back, and Livingston the other2 or 3 to get the 8th seed, just so we can get rid of our pick we owe...and then, and then when TOR gets number 4 ("out of no where cough stern") the rockets steal the best prospect in a horrible draft...andLamb becomes Rudy Gay! Maybe then I'll make a game....Dwight and Lin in one city, it'd be like 2004 again when Houston was all o Er the map. Stern you suck. End rant

4. Omron

Omron Member

After the first 9 games, we will already know whether this team can compete or not. The first 9 games other than Miami are a cakewalk. If they don't come out of that stretch above 0.500, we're looking at a long season.

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

It will be a long season. But it will be fun. I am just going to try to focus on match ups as opposed to teams. See who the players match up well against and who they struggle against. Really excited to see Dmo vs Valencuia that will definitely be fun as well as Lamb vs Kobe and Lin vs nash and goran.

6. linisthetea

linisthetea Member

I think the first game against GSW will practically be a home game with how many Lin fans that show up. It's going to be nice to see him get huge support from his home crowd. I still don't understand why Rockets/Knicks isn't nationally televised while Rockets/Bulls is.

7. Bamushake

Bamushake Member

can anyone make a photo of this schedule that I can set as my desktop background? thanks!!

8. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Man the stretch at the end there looks pretty easy if the Rockets can keep it interesting for that long. Or maybe it just screws up our chances for a higher lottery pick.

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

Who knows to be honest.

10. carayip

carayip Member

The Knicks organization and Dolan didn't want to get embrassed on the national TV. Could you imagine the booing if Lin played well and Rockets won and the Knicks happened to be in a losing streak?

11. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

If we do do well in that stretch, cue the media saying that we're just getting lucky and won't keep it up.

12. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

I bet all the Rockets games are going to be nationally televised in China, Taiwan, and perhaps other Asian countries, meaning more people will watch Rockets games than any other team.

13. roxxy

roxxy Member

Lol Spot on.

14. linisthetea

linisthetea Member

Looking at the Rocket's 2011-12 schedule it looks like there were 0 nationally televised games. I'd say getting two nationally televised game with one of them being on Christmas day is a step up.

15. zxcvbn193

zxcvbn193 Member

Well let's do not forget we can land DH12 or Bynum, we can get some games televised :D

16. roxxy

roxxy Member

What is the obsession with nationally televised games? What does it matter if they are nationally televised or not.

17. Kam

Kam Member

exposure?

18. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Lame..Rockets @ Knicks is seriously just an NBA TV game?? Lin better explode for 30+ pts that night! Glad that the nationally televised games are away since home games are embarrasing and it's on ESPN. However, Golden State & Chicago is going to be boring as hell.

19. linisthetea

linisthetea Member

As long as Lin isn't in a death spiral w/ his career by then GSW should have a great atmosphere if nothing else. It'll be the first time Lin has played in the Bay Area since the whole Linsanity thing. And he used to get pretty big cheers there when he was just an unknown bench warmer.