1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 2001-2002 Mailer.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oomp, Mar 6, 2019.

1. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Going through a ton of old Rockets stuff in my desk. This is the season *before they moved into the Toyota Center (Still Houston Arena on mailer).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 oomp, Mar 6, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

RIP Eddie :(

Jontro, ryan_98 and oomp like this.
  3. SemisolidSnake

What a profoundly weird basketball time capsule.

"...take on Michael Jordan and the Wizards."

"...Hakeem's only appearance in Houston with Vince Carter and the Raptors."

Thanks for posting this.

ramotadab, smp and oomp like this.
  4. Juxtaposed Jolt

$360? :eek:

Out of curiosity, how much do season tickets start at, these days?

ramotadab likes this.
  5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I wish Steve Balmer was our owner instead of Billman.

Balmer is construction a new arena for the Clippers with new gym and facilities.

Meanwhile, Rockets a championship contender is still using a crappy ass workout facility (hence many of our players work out in local gyms) and we don't even have a good practice court so we have to use the central court.

Pretty sure if Balmer was the owner, we wouldn't be worried about paying for Danuel House right now who is a better fit than Shumpert.

6. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I currently live in Miami, for the Heat cheapest tickets are 25 dollars, times 41 games. 1.025 dollars.

ramotadab likes this.
  7. photojoe

photojoe Member

Look at the players in Rockets' uniforms.

I am so thankful for James Harden

Patience and Killatron 2000 like this.
  8. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Vince Carter is ... old.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

are you implying that tilllman is cheap?

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That's also not the season "before" we moved to TC. 2001-02 is the season before Yao Ming. Yao played his Rookie season in The Summit. We moved in 2003-04. That mailer even mentions the move date, if you read it closely enough.

That's cute they made it sound like getting Season Tickets for 2001-2002 allowed you to reserve seats for TC's first year. You would have had to get 2002-03 tickets and renew to achieve that.

I remember this vividly because 2002-2003 is the year my buddy and I leap-frogged 12 rows and one section over, all the way to the best upper deck seats in The Summit (these were equivalent to 1st Row, 1st Luxury Box level in TC.) , to later get priority choice of 2nd-row dead center TC. We achieved the leap-frog because I convinced my buddy to take these "obstructed view" seats in Row 2, Center in the Summit, knowing they likely wouldn't be obstructed in the new stadium. And it was just barely obtructed by a glass-railing coming out of the food court tunnel in the middel of the upper deck....for those who remember the layout.

big WIN!

whiskeyred and oomp like this.
  11. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is such a great throwback. Thanks for sharing!

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Damn I pay $100 plus for my seats right now in the corner. I would of been in center Court back in the day!