1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Rockets 100% trying to get Paul George

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 19, 2017.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Yeah say goodbye to Paul George.

2. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Haha what is PG13 tweeting these days?need espn to do an interview with him.

3. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

KP doesn't seem very willing to deal PG and isn't going to get anywhere near that for him. Unless something drastic changes in the short term, we go all in for Millsap or Hayward and hope Melo gets bought out.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Pritchard is delusional

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah guys, hope for Anthony.

Celtics or Cavs or some other team that actually has assets will get George.

I'm fine with Anthony, him and CP3 as second options is great, especially with the role players we have (Gordon/Ariza/Anderson/Capela/Nene).

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It'll be interesting once reality sets in and their expectations get closer to something they'll actually be offered.

7. malakas

malakas Member

He isn't delusional. And I don't believe PG's value goes down the longer he waits. Quite the opposite.
    Do you think that Boston an afford NOT to trade for PG when they won't have any more capspace? Even Hayward signing with them can hinge on George's trade.
    All or nothing. Way to go Indy.

8. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

lmao just enjoy him for this last year KP. You act like he’s on a rookie scale contract for a few years and putting up lebron numbers. Foh.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

He is delusional. Ainge isn't giving that up for a rental. Pritchard is acting like PG has 3 years left on his deal and hasn't been telling the world that it's damn near Lakers or bust for him.

He can keep being unreasonable and then lose PG for nothing or try to trade him for peanuts at the deadline.

10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Anybody know how negotiations work?

If I wanna buy, let's say a car, for $1,000 but it's listed at $1,500. I don't come in and say hey I'll give you $1,000. I come in at like $750-$800. That way the seller feels I'm giving up more than I'm willing or wanting to.

Conversely, the seller put $1,500 because he's probably willing to take $1,200 or so. So he's gonna be open to budging.

Now the true value and deal lands somewhere in the 1000-1200 area and it depends on the negotiations where it lands.

An aside, other factors come in to play. Like desperation, how long it's been on the market etc...

So, there is a lot of side factors at work in Indy at a disadvantage to Pritchard and he's entering the talks at the typical point but the buyer knows about the desperation and market and thus would never met those demands.

Pritchard will end up accepting less or lose him for space.

BHannes2BHonest and malakas like this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

I believe Pritchard is trying his best to get the best deal possible, but i don't believe some of those tweets about what he's asking...

12. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Yeah sure but there is a reasonable starting point too. He's asking for $50,000 for a 2004 Camry.

13. malakas

malakas Member

Do you know why small market teams have to overpay for stars even if they are expiring or old and almost done, in trades?
    Because they can't get the any other way. Once they are free agents they won't even get a meeting.

Paul George is like that right now. Normally an expiring star, teams can say, oh if we don't trade for him this year, we can always sign him next year.
    But NOT with PG. You don't trade him for him now? That's it the bird has gone away.

The one who is desperate to make a deal happen and fast is Boston not Indy.

14. malakas

malakas Member

He's a top 10 to 15 player in the league on a position of need for most teams. He is a superstar. How is that a 2004 Camry?

This is the LAST year the Celtics have capspace. Next year? IT, Bradley and Smart will get paid.

15. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

He's not being delusional, he's being desperate and prideful. He is calling Ainge's bluff and Ainge is not bluffing. It's a no risk move. Ainge has provided his best offer and knowing him he won't budge. The Rockets offer is probably the best and Pritchard knows it so he has it in pocket and is just trying to extort something better if he can from the Celtics. If it was Morey he wouldn't be in this mess but we would applaud the tactics. Strategy is avoiding war in the first place, tactics is discussing the embroidery on the white flag. Morey is the best I have ever seen at tactics but his long play strategy is a thing of beauty. All of those "wasted" iPad meetings with free agents that everyone scoffed at and derided. Who's laughing now?

I can't promise how this turns out and I am not confident we get him but all of the teams involved treated this as a freebie except the Rockets. They were never serious or willing to give up assets. The Rockets tried to give up what assets they could. All of these teams could and should have made better offers but didn't. The Rockets were no competition. That is pissing Pritchard off. All of these are rivals coming to steal his orgs prized possession because of the F'n Lakers. He wants to make the best deal but never underestimate his pride in this one.

16. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Fine, he's asking $150,000 for a Porsche that you can only drive for one year.

17. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Well this is the problem with Boston. They are bidding against themselves. Boston is trying to buy a car listed at $1,500 for $500 while flaunting $10,000 cash in hand.

They have the best asset collection. They have plenty plenty enough but are probably offering crap and trying to get a steal and it's likely off-putting to Pritchard and thus he asks for $2,000 instead now.

I think Pritchard needs to be reasonable but also, ainge likes to work against himself because he hates letting go of assets

malakas likes this.
  18. malakas

malakas Member

do you really think Ainge is trading for PG with the belief he's just a rental? Ainge the most risk averse GM in the league?
    He has the confidence to resign him or extend him. He may use strippers, hypnotizers, brainwashers whatever means neccesary but IF Ainge trades for him it's not a huge risk.

All the other things are to diminish PG's value in trades. That's why Indy isn't giving in. This is the only chance for Boston to get him, and Pitchard knows it.

19. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Fine, he's asking for $150,000 for a Porsche he can drive for one year for sure, and maybe four more after that depending on how many strippers you feed it.

malakas likes this.
  20. eslate22

eslate22 Member

what kind of car is cp3?

malakas likes this.