1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 100% trying to get Paul George

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 19, 2017.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

after easily blowing us out twice this season i just don't see this guy even giving morley the time of day

2. thedude077

thedude077 Member

No please do not trade Eric Gordon. Trade Ariza and Ryan Anderson, heck, throw Capela in the mix as well with 3 first round picks, or more. But not Eric Gordon! He was my favorite player last year.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets won 55 games and lost in 6 in the 2nd round of the WC playoffs...Indiana won 42 games and got swept in the 1st round of the EC playoffs

those 2 Pacer wins against the Rockets are just irrelevant

#83 Reeko, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  4. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

eric gordon is a ticking time bomb, those knees could give out any second, we need to sell high on ryno and eg

Plowman, BigMaloe and justtxyank like this.
  5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Morey should think again if he believes that he can convince George to extend in Houston. Especially knowing how loose Morey is with his assets "ahem, players". If anything George is going to spend all year next season convincing Harden to join him in LA as soon as possible.

justtxyank likes this.
  6. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

Replace Eric Gordon in that trade with Ryan Anderson and I'd be cool with it.:D

7. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I'd still rather take Love if I'm the Pacers, but the Lakers, PG's preferred destination can offer a much more attractive package than anything the Rockets can. Ego was a nice surprise last year, but let's not forget his injury prone history, which I'm sure the Pacers are also aware of.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Insert stripper jokes

9. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Will a core of Paul, Harden and George that much better than what LeBron had in Cleveland?

10. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

https://audioboom.com/posts/6031132-the-chris-mannix-show-adrian-wojnarowski-joins-the-show

“Teams are trying to decide what’s the appropriate cost for a player who they’re being told, pretty adamantly by Paul George’s camp, will be a rental."

"No matter who you are, no matter who has checked in or who potentially will check in, they’re going to be told that Paul George is gonna play the season out and then he’s gonna go to the Lakers, that that’s his plan.”

DonKnock and Fullcourt like this.
  11. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

the lakers cant offer too much because if they do and they are a lottery team and PG might leave. its risky business. losing sucks, and shoe companies wont be able to sell his shoes so he will consider signing with a winning team.

i think pg may think no one is winning outside of the warriors so he does not care about winning.

love makes zero sense for a rebuilding team. he has been shopped for years and his salary is what makes teams not want to give up much for him. gordon makes half of what love makes which makes him much more coveted. plus he shoots better and clamps up. the only thing love has over him is he is a PF so he can stretch and grab boards.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://audioboom.com/posts/6031132-the-chris-mannix-show-adrian-wojnarowski-joins-the-show

13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Eeesh...

No one is gonna pay ishhh

14. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

i'm just saying this, what's it going to look like if the Rockets go to the Western Conference finals and lose to the Warriors in a competitive six games series. Then he goes and signs with the Lakers and doesn't make the playoffs. Are people going to start questioning why Paul George was so motivated to sign with a losing team? Was there possibly a shoe deal on the table?

it will hurt his reputation and it wouldn't make any sense.

15. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I agree that Love is overpaid, but he had some insane years in Minnesota. It's likely a lot of teams still covet him. Additionally there are players like Anderson making close to 20 mil a year. The dude is a one trick pony, at least Love is pretty dynamic. He's simply just been a bad fit in Cleveland.

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If this is his intention no matter what, then Morey should pass. It sounds like he doesn't give a crap about winning.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Morey still needs to get PG if he can...we'll see if being a part of a Big 3 with CP3 and Harden plus a lot of wins can change his mind

Morey has to...keep on bringing in role players and we'll be in the same position that Indiana is in next offseason when Harden's camp is letting it be known that he has his eyes set on the Lakers

BigMaloe likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well if his intention is to throw his career away on a scrub team like Melo did before him then I say let him go for it.

Remlap likes this.
  19. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I'd still do Anderson+1st

20. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Now we know why the Cavs switched their focus to Jimmy Butler.

BigMaloe likes this.