1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets #1 in CBS Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by glenadyll, Dec 12, 2016.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

Just my opinion. I don't think we will have to worry about them though because we will more than likely be on the other side of the playoff draw.

2. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

That team will be dismantled after their inevitable 1st or 2nd round playoff loss.

3. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

I'm not worried about them regardless. My beef is the media and others claiming the Clippers are an elite championship contender. As currently constructed, they're not on that level. We're closer than the Clippers.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Rockets need to get one more shooter to replace Brewer.

I think Barbosa would be a great guy to after.

He would also provide great backup in case Bev or Gordon go down.

BlastOff likes this.
  5. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

"The Suns lead the league in pace, so at least they're going nowhere really fast."

rekt

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

[current year meme].
    I'm surprised some people still think "power rankings" are the better teams in the league. Those are called "standings". :cool:

Think of power rankings as a rolling average. Or, if that doesn't work for you, a "what have you done for me lately" ranking.

7. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Agreed on the need for a Brewer replacement. I disagree on Barbosa. PJ Tucker would be huge for us and his contract is expiring. Another guy I'd love on our squad is Garry Harris from Denver. Harris is a young 3-D that can play and defend the 1-3.

8. Rockets4Life13

To me we are playing the best ball right now. Gsw got annihilated by the grizzs and almost lost to the wolves (10 down going into the 4th). Cleveland bounced back well lately they might also be slightly above us.
    Spurs won by like 1-4 against a bunch of below .500 teams.
    Clippers suck imo

BigShasta likes this.
  9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Barbosa or Lin for that matter. Former MDA pg's.

Gordon can guard 1-3.

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

CBS be like:

[​IMG]

11. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

#51 RocketsTerps, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    Mazulis likes this.
  12. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

D'Antoni has found a way to convince Harden to be the best team player instead of the best individual player on the team. The difference with this team is chemistry. Period. It reminds me of the Yao/McGrady teams that had guys like Bonzi Wells, Jon Barry and an emerging Carl Landry coming off the bench. Those teams were fun to watch because they had fun. The difference here is that Van Gundy was not the offensive mind that D'Antoni is and injuries have not played a major factor in this teams development. Everyone seems to know their place with his team and fortunately we have enough scoring to make up for Anderson's slow start. The great thing about disrespect is that there are no expectations. As Houston fans we have been burned so much by failed expectations until we would rather downplay the Rocket's viability than to accept the fact that this team is developing into something pretty special.

Are the Rocket's the best team in the league? Probably not. Can they beat the best teams in the league? Yes they can. Do you own math.

Plowman and RocketsTerps like this.
  13. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Barbosa Is as old as Nene. Lin costs too much. Neither can defend.

#53 RocketsTerps, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  14. Bravoexo

Bravoexo Member

ESPN has us at #5

15. rockets13champs

Marc dallas stien has us 5th

16. photojoe

photojoe Member

Not that I think power rankings matter at all.... but I wonder when the last time was that the Rockets were ranked first in a power rankings poll?

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Front Page of ESPN right now

Knicks approaching top-10 status in NBA Power Rankings?
    While the Warriors continue to rule as No. 1, it's Kristaps Porzingis and the Knicks who are making some noise in Marc Stein's latest rankings​

lulz

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Sadly, an explanation of power rankings has to be in every power rankings thread, or people get themselves all twisted up trying to figure out what they are knee jerk reacting to. :cool:

"Knee jerk reaction" is an expression meaning: An immediate unthinking emotional reaction produced by an event or statement to which the reacting person is highly sensitive; It's origin is thus: From the tendency of the knee to jerk involuntarily when hit sharply, properly called the patellar reflex.
    [​IMG]

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The DMo situation has signaled to the world that we mean business.

Oh yeah, that and . . . media conspiracy

20. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

ESPN is still showing the disrespect they always do so don't think we have to worry about the guys getting a big head yet.