1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rocket playoff failures, McGrady and Scottie Pippen join forces

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jan 2, 2017.

?

Which one led the Rockets to a playoff series victory?

1. Not McGrady

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Not Quitten

20 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Show me the stats after the first round of the playoffs

I think they brought in Pippen cause he won championships, trying to make show have some legacy.
    Either that , or Pippen needs the money.

2. tinman

Supporting Member

ESPN is obsessed on dethroning TNT for having the best NBA show.

I have to say, Tmac and Pippen are made for each other .

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You do realize that he's on record saying that he didn't think he could trust his teammates, right? Then immediately after, the outstanding PG Chauncey Billups put him in his place saying that not trusting your teammates was a recipe for disaster. The Rockets team with Pippen was too old, that's all.

His numbers are important, but the way he treated the game is why he lost year after year. He didn't raise his level of play, he just held onto the ball a lot more. His numbers stayed the same as his turnovers increased. Team > numbers.

The last thing I said describes his career failures.

#23 don grahamleone, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    Tha_Dude likes this.
  4. threepointshot3

Tmac on one leg without Yao had 40 in Utah and almost forced a game 7 before the jazz ran over the top of us in the last quarter in 08.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

There's no almost in winning.

but you can say almost as many times are you want as a NBA Analyst

6. tinman

Supporting Member

I hope by now fans know how to count. Both Pippen and McGrady led the Rockets to zero playoff series victories.
    Did these fans not learn what the number zero means?

Maybe McGrady can beg to try on Pippen's championship ring like he begged Horry.

7. threepointshot3

Tmac and wining don't jive but you're deep hate for him is somewhat misplaced regarding the playoffs. They guy busted his ass off but he just did not know who to win. Some people are born winners and some are not.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

ESPN should hire Vernon Maxwell instead.

Tha_Dude, tinman and RocketWalta like this.
  9. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

How can you blame him? He had Yao two times in the Playoffs and other than that there was no other scorer on those teams. You can play revisionist history but I remember those games and him having the ball the majority of the time because no one else could create other than Yao. And skip to a degree but his teams were bad.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

This has nothing to do with me, it has something to do with your choice of NBA programming.

Did you notice that the word 'championship' was not in the paragraph describing McGrady ? I didn't write it.
    I don't work for ESPN.

But if you enjoy listening to McGrady talking about himself, you can on the Jump.

What guy on the Rockets didn't bust his ass in the playoffs? Where was he when Ron Artest and Yao were busting their ass beating Portland?

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

T-mac is a future Hall of Famer and a Rockets legend. No matter what tinman does or how hard he tries, he will never take away T-Mac's aforementioned status among the NBA and Rockets organization. Tinman will spend every waking moment until his death trying to marginalize McGrady's legacy, but it'll be like a scientist spending his entire lifetime trying to disprove gravity. It simply won't work.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

Kenny and Charles on TNT destroys ESPNs the Jump.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

This is not about Tracy McGrady's legacy as a Rocket, which was a playoff failure. It's about him joining forces with Scottie Pippen.

I can't tell you if their analysis will be any good, but they should up to a Rockets game together .

14. tinman

Supporting Member

You can give Tmac 8 legs, he still won't win a playoff series.

15. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Tmac had some amazing moments and will go down as one of the most electric players and certainly among the best dunkers in NBA history. Unfortunately, he couldn't get the job done in the playoffs -- Couldn't stay healthy, either (Yao too). That whole era of Rockets basketball was a boulevard of broken dreams.

I still think the career defining moment for Tmac was the 2003 series against the Pistons and the 2004 series vs Dallas. Both years he took commanding series leads and blew them. Went up 3-1 against Detroit and couldn't find a way to pull it out, went up 2-0 against Dallas while winning both games on the road, and still blew the series.

Kirilenko clowned on him pretty badly when the Rockets faced Utah, also. Though, I blame JVG for some of that because the offense was simply horrible and painful to watch.

Patience likes this.
  16. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

The guy to her right.

[​IMG]

Anyway, it's weird that two former Rockets are going to host another show again. Perhaps in the future James and...let's go with Ron Artest will host a show together. That'd be fun.

I liked T-Mac when he was here but dude pissed me off in that Utah series. Very talented but never was a leader, I'm sad to say. Pippen however was a whiny little prick who shined Jordan's scrotum with his tonsils for breakfast every morning. I don't want to hear anything that guy has to say. Where was 2016 for him?

Tha_Dude and tinman like this.
  17. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I picked Quitten in the poll, but honestly dude doesn't really consider him to be a Houston Rocket even though he technically wore the jersey. I have worn Rockets jerseys too before, but that doesn't mean I played for the Rockets or anything, man.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  18. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I don't understand why tinman hasn't been banned for trolling by this point. But I guess this forum doesn't have those kinds of rules.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  19. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

tinman is just a sad old man

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member