1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rocket Players at Rucker Park

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HotRocket, Jul 19, 2002.

1. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

Im not sure if there is any more information than what I saw on InsideHoops ,but apparently Moochie and Steve are playing in the EBC (well Steve isn't but he is watching the games.)

I know that Nba.com TV has a 30 min. program every so often of the EBC; can anyone find out if any of the games with Moochie can be found in one?

THURSDAY NIGHT - NYC: Inside Hoops was at Rucker Park today to catch what wasn't your normal streetball, thanks to some special guests - Kobe Bryant on one team, and Moochie Norris and Jerome Williams on the other. It was the EBC - Entertainer's Basketball Classic. Steve Francis was there, but he is recovering and didn't play. The game got called in the second half on account of rain, but there are game details to be shared, and we'll post them overnight or during the day tomorrow. There was a fan talking crap LOUDLY about Kobe, and even directly to him at one point, and after Kobe threw down his main nasty dunk of the game, he.... (we'll tell the full tale tomorrow.)

InsideHoops reports that Kobe Bryant was wearing NIKE sneakers during the game. They were white sneakers with an orange/red colors towards the top. On a side note, not directly relating to what Kobe wears during one specific appearance, one of the main EBC sponsors is Reebok. Nike isn't a sponsor. The deal is that Kobe is done with his Adidas contract, and is "trying out" different shoes to see what he likes the most (*cough*).

#1 HotRocket, Jul 19, 2002
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2002
  2. GrEgOnOmIcS

GrEgOnOmIcS Member

Steve Francis is a regular at rucker..he even has his own nickname, but i forgot what it was.
    He also got robbed in a harlem barber shop a while back.

3. Stylez

Stylez Member

What athlete or entertainer hasn't been robbed uptown.;)

As long as Mooch doesn't get his ankle broken on D out there I'm cool w/ it. That NBA.com TV schedule is like impossible to find. I don't think they eveb know what they're gonna show on a daily basis. The only thing I regret not doing when I lived in New York was not going to a Rucker game. Its really entertaining stuff.

4. mduke

mduke Member

I believe his nickname there is "Wink".

5. Houstone

Houstone Member

I think it's The Reason.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

7. tozai

tozai Member

It IS "The Reason"

8. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Wink is his DC name.

The Reason is the name he was given at Rucker.

9. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

The thing I don't understand is David Alridge interviewed
    Steve and he claim that was just a rumor then in the Slam Mag a couple of weeks later he said that was him that was robbed. Thats crazy.

10. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

His nickname at Rucker is The Reason. I have the EBC DVD and they say that his nickname is the Reason, that is why my screen name is thereasonsf3.

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i too have the EBC DVD, from rucker park. it is really good.

im planning on making a trip out there for icy white wednesday.

12. d-rocafella

d-rocafella Member

Francis is the best player at Rucker. His moves are unbelivable just like his jams. Can't wait till the season starts to watch him do it again and again espesially on Vladimire Stapania.

13. mav3434

mav3434 Member

Cuttino was playing in the game I just saw on MSG network tonight. Marbury was also on his team, they were going against a team with Baron Davis and Sean Marion and Jermaine O Neal.

Baron Davis was looking very, very, very good.

14. Nutcracker

Nutcracker Contributing Member

so was the full tale ever told? any update?

15. HotRocket

The update to what Kobe did is supossed to be explained tomorrow some time or another.

For some reason they put out the whole artical out early, so tomorrow actually ment the 20th.

That or it's some sorta marketing ploy to make people goto the site.

#15 HotRocket, Jul 20, 2002
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2002
  16. onetwo88

onetwo88 Member

For some insane reason this site just banned insidehoops if you put a .com at the end of it, watch this - ****************

Why the hell would they do that? They don't have rockets coverage other than basic info, it's not a competitor, and even if it was, that's a very big thing to do!

17. Ninja Sauce X

Ninja Sauce X Member

whoa! Urban legend! Check out snopes.com

Wow they banned "p!ppen" too

18. ROCS4LIFE

ROCS4LIFE Member

That's a stupid nickname!

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I would much rather see them work on their NBA game than their street game. IMO street ball is what's wrong with the NBA right now. No fundamentals. No defense. No team play. No basketball IQ. Fun to watch though.

20. HotRocket

I heard this from another person, but supossedly either on MSG at 2:30 or NBA TV at 7:30, they are going to show the game with Mobley in it.

Here is supossed to be the full roster of NBA stars:

murder inc vs terror squad

Jermaine Oneal
    Derek Anderson
    StarMarbury
    Shawn Marion
    Catino Mobly
    Baron Davis
    -----------------------------
    Jarule......murder inc
    irv gotti
    --------------------
    Fat joe
    (his peple was there)
    ------------------------
    Ed lover

Now if for some reason it isnt on today, it might be becasue the guy had no clue what he was talking about. Though he did say he actually went to the game and it was amazing.

Also, there might be more games on MSG, I didn't have the time to check.