1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robinson receives extra work to develop raw potential

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mr. 13 in 33, Mar 22, 2013.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...k-to-develop-4375000.php?t=9cd9120552f992f472

2 people like this.
  2. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Really encouraging. Thank for posting.

3. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Awesome. Hard work can make this guy an absolute beast.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

InBeforeCarlHerrera

Keep working T-Rob.

#4 J.R., Mar 22, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

PF is our major weak spot, but it is nice to know that the two guys competing for that role are hard workers who are young and will improve.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

As I've been saying, he's a hard worker.

Also the coaches confirm what I've been saying all along about his defense. He has a chance to be a great defender in the NBA. The game against Utah he was especially stout. I think that is something that will improve naturally since defense is mostly mental and experience. He already has the quickness and athleticism to be a great defender.

As for his offense he has glimmers of hope.

7. Drawkwa22

Drawkwa22 Member

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Giving away PPat and Morris definitely hurt our chances this year. But we would still probably lose in the first round with either of those guys.

I like the potential that we have with Robinson. His first step is really something.

9. zzpot

zzpot Member

JR

I,m sorry bro but you will never beat the Carl... nor will I.. I will only cuzz his ass out at times

;)

10. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

This guy is a guaranteed double-double eventually, the only question is how many points. He's got good form on his jumper, but raw on the perimeter overall. I love DMo's talent, but Robinson has even more potential IMO.

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

To be honest I would NOT mind just standing pat in the offseason and continuing to develop our young guys. The Rockets are one of the only teams in the position where they can just say "we don't need to make any moves, we can get better just by playing the guys we've got."

1 person likes this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I honestly think they have about even potential. I think they both have all-star level talent.

D-Mo can be a really good low post scorer, I think his shot will come as he just gets more comfortable with the pace and speed of the NBA. His defense will be a question.

For Robinson, I already see a good defender. He locked down Utah's big men, whether it was Millsap or Favors. Millsap got a good vet foul against him and that was about it.

His offense is very raw though but I think if you gave him 30+ mins that he'd get 10/10 on this team since we have Harden and Lin he'll get points by accident and he'll get his 10 rebounds surely enough, that usually hasn't been the problem.

13. Arthurprescott2

This will be an interesting debate during the end of the season.

Most of it will be predicated on the individual play of the Rox during playoffs. If DMo or T-Rob crash/burn in the 1st round... there's going to be a lot of vitriol on CF.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Good for him. He needs to improve a good deal to become useful.

15. FearTheBeardJH

He can't shoot or dribble. I doubt he'll ever be as good as Patterson. He just isn't skilled enough and being raw doesn't mean you got more potencial.

16. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

i remember waiting for jordan hill to develop raw potential :( :mad:

17. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I don't see the Rockets trading away guys out of their core, but I do expect the Rockets to add either Millsap, J SMith, or Iguodala through free agency. I don't know if Robinson is in their core yet as he doesn't fit the offense at the moment. It will really depend on if they can develop that part of his game to fit.

I expect the Rockets will end next season with at least 8 players that are on the roster right now.

18. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i have a feeling if d-mo doesn't start playing better t-rob is going to be our starter if he continues to put in the extra work

19. just a word

just a word Member

thank you for posting this! Not only is it nice to get insight to TRob but it's also nice to indirectly see the work of the coaching staff.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He has better handles than Patterson.

1 person likes this.