1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robinson Post-Trade Interview

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, Feb 21, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Raven

Raven Member

We're due!

:grin:

2. nbafan74

nbafan74 Member

Kid show some flashes of a young Amar'e especially with his athleticism and strong finishes. Hopefully an Amar'e 2.0 who actually rebounds, hustles and defends. We'll see.

3. kturner77

kturner77 Member

OMG! http://www.clutchfans.net/bbs/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif I was thinking the SAME thing. I am sure it is difficult to do interviews, regardless of who the interviewee is, but goodness! He kept asking questions that T-Rob had already answered, or he himself already asked. Nevertheless, Excited to see him mix in with this team. I think the trade was a steal.

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Looks beat in that interview.

5. Mariachi ROCKET

Cant wait for the sledje hammers to go down!!! Rim rattelers!!!

6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I'm a forty one year old professional. I wear a hat backwards, often. For me it's comfort, although, I pretty much just like hats in general. Does this make me a thug? No.

I have zero issue with you not agreeing with someone wearing their hat backwards. But, to say you "don't have respect for that person" because of it, a little ridiculous IMO.

You also said, "you judge someone by what they wear" it's not your place to judge anyone really, is it? Especially by what someone wears. You may be really missing out on an amazing person if you judge them without really knowing them. Again, just my opinion.

Sorry for the derail. I'm stoked that we got TRob!! Oh, TRob, love the hat!!

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He is without sin, so he cast the first stone. You are a sinner(clearly you have to be walking around with that on your head), so don't throw any stones back at this perfect man. Improper fashion is a sin. #LADYGAGAMEATDRESS #ONESIES #MIKETYSONFACETAT #JAMESBOND #POLOMULLETOFSHIRTS

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Repetative interviewer is repetative.

10. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

This guy is offensive monster. He is averaging almst 5 boards in 15 minutes as a rookie.He is a fantastic rebounder who can block shots. I think the Rockets see him as a guy who can alternate from the 5 to the four spot and vice versa. With him and Asik the offensive glass will be ours for the taking on most night.

11. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

you're the one that needs to grow up, yo.

12. koopa

koopa Member

He seems super athletic and good at rebounding. But seems like he has a crap jumper and no post moves. I just hope he's not another stromile swift or jordan hill.

13. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

what's up with all those repeated questions ...

14. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Does TRob's highlights vid remind anyone else of JSmoove with a lesser jumpshot?

15. nono

nono Member

I didn't see a single jumpshot so yeah it must be a lesser jumpshot. Don't really like it when a player has highlights and they are all dunks. He must not have confidence in his shot though the draft express video said that he was decent from mid range.

16. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Yeah, reminds me of a smaller Josh Smith.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

His jumper will take time. He does shoot from mid range,needs a lot of work with it.

18. Normalus

Normalus Member

Atleast we have athletic guy who can rebound and DUNK (we have no big mans who dunks the ball, all the time freakin lay-ups) :cool:

19. Code Red

Code Red Member

I would go off on that reporter. He really needed to know how stupid he sounded...;/

20. Ultramagnus

Ultramagnus Rookie

JSmoove is actually shorter by actual height without shoes and wingspan than T-Rob but Josh ahs got the crazier hops.

Josh Smith vs Thomas Robinson vital statistics:
    Height w/o shoes: 6'7" vs 6'7.75"
    Wingspan: 7'0" vs 7'3.25" (though I doubt this as he had also been measured as 7'1")
    Max Vertical: 39.5" vs 35.5"

T-Rob's timing is so far from Josh Smith's. T-Rob didn't average a block per game in college.

I don't know if you can still teach timing to a big man and the Rockets development team has not been seen to do so.