1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Scrubington

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Asian Sensation, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

....and taking mediocre talent who aren’t great at doing something (threes and rebounding) has resulted in how many Finals appearances with arguably the greatest player not named “Michael” of our generation????????? C’mon man......

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

If that’s your argument then nothing else needs to be said.

It’s a clown stance.

Literally no logical thinking person would look at it that simplistically.

Though you are the dude still talking bout how great Melo is so I can’t say I’m surprised.

cbass and D-rock like this.
  3. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

What a success story these Rockets are!!! Writers all over the world are getting ready to write about how our historically great GM and coach led Jeff Green, Danuel House, Covington, PJ Tucker and others to help Harden bring home the Finals trophy after basically 5 straight MVP seasons and they did it with no tall players and “mediocre” shooting. This true Hollywood gold!!!

4. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

You’re right, Melo certainly wasn’t worth the league minimum veteran contract we paid to provide shooting off our bench instead of people like Carroll and Frazier. Pretty sure the Blazers fans and players would disagree. Another brainless Morey move along with re-signing Nene for a large team hurting contract.

5. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Continuing my last thought regarding Nene....Morey has become quite predictable. His next move based on recent history will be to make a big free agent splash by re-signing PJ Tucker (at age 36) to a 3-year 45 million dollar contract. Sounds about right! It will be applauded by all on this board until we realize a year later that his skills have diminished/eroded at age 37 (see Joe Johnson for reference) and now we are stuck with a 30 million dollar contract for two more years. SuperMorey, thank goodness, will save us once again with a trade that involves us only having to give up our 2022 1st round pick (last one we have after the Westbrook trade and numerous other giveaways) to get rid of the burdonsome contract. Groundhog Day over and over again with no results except we gradually get worse year after year and lose out on James Harden getting the trophy(ies) he truly deserves.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  6. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Your lack of reading skills and your incessant replies in this thread are worrisome. Don’t quote me again with your peas for brains logic.

I hope mods give you a timeout so you can sit and reflect on your nonsense posting. Also, don’t quote yourself in your own replies. It’s a sure sign of schizophrenia.

cbass and D-rock like this.
  7. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

You’re words are meaningless and now that I noticed your picture mocking Jesus Christ, you will be put on permanent ignore.

8. CertifiedTroll

In his defense, that isn't Jesus. That is Cheesus.

ghettocheeze, ICEibuPROfen and D-rock like this.
  9. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

No, I called your post stupid.

10. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Okay, and your criticism of my post indicated that you didn't even read it.

11. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Any post comparing us to the Warriors is stupid. We shouldn’t call Covington “Scrubbington” because he is the player we thought we were getting. Decent three point shooter with good defense. Not his fault he was traded here. He wasn’t initially happy about it either, but has hustled and earned his dpot as a starter. Problem again is with trading a young borderline all-star athletic center and a first round pick for an average power forward. Just another move that makes you wonder about the management of this team. Had they just traded the first rounder and House or Tucker for him we would have a lineup of Capela, Covington, Gordon, Westbrook, and Harden. That lineup could compete for a title. Without CC not nearly the same.

forchette49 likes this.
  12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Two words - Kelly Olynyk.

He's what we hoped Hartenstein would become ....

Not a realistic get but the type of player that would fit the system , at least on the offensive end. Defensively it might be tough if he's isolated on guards.

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I kinda think they gave up too much myself and don't generally like trading a quality big for a smaller guy - I don't think they should have added the #1 pick to Calepa , he should have been enough on his own.

That said two things you fail to take into consideration

1) Capela wasn't going to play another game this season due to his injuries. You can't help your team if you aint on the court.

2) Capela with Westbrook just wasn't going to work and there isn't / wasn't a big man they could have traded Capela and that pick for that fits their system.

If they don't win it all this season , they can find a player that does what Capela did for a heck of a lot cheaper than the $16m/$17m/$18m he will earn over the next three seasons. That coming from a big Capela fan.

There's a pretty long list of centers and big forwards going to hit free agency this offseason and with the cap shrinking and very few teams having much cap space , its highly likely you can get a solid rim running 4/5 for the minimum.
    https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/center/
    https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/power-forward/

Imanimal and D-rock like this.
  14. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Jesus christ, man. You should look up the word "compare" in the dictionary. This is basic stuff. Pointing out similarities in a strategy does not mean you think the teams are exactly the same.

cbass, SuperMarioBro and D-rock like this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It won't work because at some point we are going to miss too many to overcome the law of averages.....and we have literally NOTHING else to fall back on?

We had Clint and the PnR at over 70% to add contrast - I prefer a well rounded team that CAN play small but has the ability to go big too....

We went all in on something that has never in the history of the league worked......ask Don Nelson.

DD

Imanimal and tinman like this.
  16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Truth

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Seriously doubt this thread will affect any outcome of the games

If it did , then we have to trade Covington right away for wasting his time on the internet

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Good thing you are always wrong.

cbass, Deuce and Blurr#7 like this.
  19. tinman

Supporting Member

@DaDakota and @Asian Sensation

are the best posters besides myself on this thread

not because they are right or wrong

but because they actually have an opinion unlike the others who are basically like Utah Fans cheering for anything that moves

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's MDA's last year.

Even as a critic of his ways I'd rather just let him have the respect of the league going out.

I am counting on the shooting to give the Lakers or Clippers a scare if they can go hot on 3s.

They could also easily lose to the Thunder, that's the high variance they were talking about.

It is what it is.