1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Scrubington

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Asian Sensation, Aug 14, 2020.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

As usual , commentators were wrong . I believe he had 3 fouls at that point ... still a big gamble at that stage of the game

2. Josh Smith

Josh Smith Member

can we ban the op now?

horrible thread

D-rock and Sanctity like this.
  3. CXbby

CXbby Member

Why isn’t this bich posting anymore?

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

OP made to look like a fool yet again...trash poster who needs to stop pretending he’s not clueless

D-rock and Sanctity like this.
  5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

We'll have to agree to disagree. I trust my own eyes and Duncan and Leroux more than you. I understand that not every screen is meant for a switch. You don't understand that the Rockets fought through screens in situations where they accepted the switch much more easily in prior games. There's nuance to when you have to switch to maintain defensive integrity (to keep the ball in front) vs when you have the opportunity to fight through a screen. They added a better layer of nuance to their defense in game 7. I'm going to go back and break film down to show this (later tonight - have some meetings first) if you're so stubborn as to believe your analysis is the end-all to this issue....respectfully speaking.

D-rock likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh I trust myself 100%. it's not stubbornness. its actually understanding what's happening on the floor, instead of false confirmation as evident here

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why so spicy Yolo? :D

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

still amped from last nights circus. lol but im good

I just realized this was a RoCo thread. wtf people continuing to try to smear this dudes name and hes been an absolute beast since his acquisition

D-rock, Batman Jones and RudyTBag like this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

On the main attacker.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

It has been shocking that of all the Rockets, Covington is the one who has been showing. Did not see that coming. Everyone else choked while he stepped up. Has got to stop falling down and needs to make a layup. But oustanding confidence, result, and wanted the moment.

#250 PhiSlammaJamma, Sep 3, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  11. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

The graphic said he had 5 at that point as well. I'm pretty sure he had 5. Regardless, great play.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

his 5th foul was on the bogus out of bounds call at the end of the game which occurred after the block obviously

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man oh man. Putting up these kinds of defensive numbers, and hitting Robert Horry threes.

What more could you possibly want?

Thank you so much Gerson. I know you were doing us a solid there when you could have traded him to GSW.

14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

just went through the play by play to confirm.

roco had 4 PF at the time . It would have been his 5th. The block on Dort happened with like 7:30 left in the 3rd . No way he would have been in the game if he had 5 at that time . He picked up number 4 around 10:00 min in the 3rd and then picked up his 5th with like 7:10 left in the 4th .

D-rock and jnuge90 like this.
  15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I like how RoCo can block shots with his left arm/hand. I see so many rim protectors just attempt blocking shots
    with their strong side arm/hand only.

D-rock and linvetb6 like this.
  16. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

Damn, that game really had me spinning

D-rock and snowconeman22 like this.
  17. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

A stupid post by someone looking for attention.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Clever nickname, Dr. Jones....

[​IMG]

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  19. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Once again, let's please not forget that his stats were so incredible the first several games after we acquired him that the NBA decided he must be on drugs and gave him a drug screen. That wasn't an anomaly--it was because he was averaging nearly 4 blocks reliably over the course of several games. The fact that his stats were up so significantly wasn't because of drugs; it was because he was allowed to really play his game. It was because he excelled at small ball.

Covington has been our missing ingredient, as has small ball, and Covington was necessary to making small ball work. It's in no way surprising that he came up big last night. His only problem in the bubble so far has been shooting the 3, a thing that is innately streaky (just like Gordon's 3).

And again, because he wasn't hitting 3's, in the eyes of too many in this forum, he was a scrub. Which is patently absurd.

20. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I feel like @Asian Sensation is getting roasted unfairly here...he said that Covington needed to pick up his 3 point shooting or we were going to lose in the playoffs. He pointed out that Covington was shooting 31% for the season and in the bubble only 12/52 (23%), and if he doesn't get it together that's not gonna cut it. Well, he got it together and shot 5/9 in game 7 and we won by 2 points. So, he was kind of right?

Asian Sensation likes this.