1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Reid: Harden looks after Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 18pbr, May 3, 2016.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

People who hate Harden will just go along with this. Enjoy? I guess?

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Dwights got a lot more years in the league over Harden.

The calculation takes in account career numbers.

3. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

No... My issue is with those who think Harden can do no WRONG..

Harden is an exceptional scorer, but that's about it... You can believe that Harden is a Superstar and that is your right.. I don't and that is my right.

I cannot argue with any player that has played the game on a professional, since I never played at that level... I have a family member who has and friends and family who have played and are playing on a professional level in other sports.

Also I have never heard Dream say anything negative about any player.

T_Man

4. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

You know how many players don't always do the bus ride to arena and to hotel???

Golden State is an example of a team who has players that do this. That doesn't mean really anything.

5. T_Man

So just because we agree with some of the things that Reid said and they are negative things, we automatically hate Harden???

See this is the issue right here...

T_Man

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

You're doing the same thing, though. According to you, people who disagree with some of the things that he said automatically think "Harden can do no wrong." Both of you are overinflating.

7. T_Man

Ha way to twist it...

I have stated and will state that Harden is Harden...

T_Man

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Don't Strain your back . . . ..

[​IMG]

Rocket River

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

No twist, just my observation of your own words above.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

While it is true what you say.

Lebron and Wade in their prime, each player is better than Harden and a better defender.

Better ISO players and Bosh is also no slouch

They had so much leadership on their team

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I might add it took a great coach and great team effort with former great players and Kawhi to

upset those Heat

12. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I'm amazed Reid was coherent in that interview. I've ran into him countless times and while he's a nice guy he is a belligerent drunk.

13. Rhay1

Rhay1 Member

Saying a player is a future Hall of Famer does not guarantee a championship for that team. In all of this to-do over whether Harden deserves our praises or our disdain, the truth always lies somewhere in between. But when you have a penchant for being out in the forefront whether because of how you dress or who you hang with, you can't have thin skin and howl every time you feel your hero is slighted or dissed. People will do and say things just because they know it gets under your skin.

When the question comes to, can this person be a great player, the next *****, you can only look at traits and habits that "The Great Ones" had and try to see how your Hero of the week stacks up; favorable or unfavorable.

As fans, we first should understand the root of this word comes from fanatical which has nothing at all to do with logic, and those who have to be able to follow patterns and examine truths cannot be discounted as true fans. What's important is that we all want more championships for our team, The Houston Rockets. We all may disagree on who is the best person to lead us there as player or coach or GM, but what kills me on this board is when people start with the personal insults because someone doesn't agree with you.

If those millionaires who are actually living the dream aren't taking their lives or professions seriously enough to work on their short comings, why are we hurling insults at others when we can barely effect the outcome of own lives.

Think about this for a moment; we have a grown man who has consciously decided he wants to be a part of a family who lives with cameras in their lives at every moment to be seen as stars. They have opened the messiness of their personal lives; drug addiction, alcohol, pre-marital, extra-marital, sex-changing, sex-taping lives, and he takes their advice (you need a body guard) over what other athletes and coaches (your team needs you to be a leader) are trying to tell him. You can't possibly give a motivational speech to your team, or let another player know you believe in them from your private car when your teammates are on the chartered bus. Is that how Jordan, Bird or Magic did it? Curry? Timmy?

He's free to do whatever he wants; I just hope we made the right choice...

2 people like this.
  14. T_Man

Repped!!!!!

15. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

On this board there are very rare people that are actually rational when it comes to Harden. He's a flawed player, but he's still elite.

16. Rhay1

Rhay1 Member

Yea, but for now he's our flawed player.

17. PhiSlammaJamma

Robert Reid vs. Larry Bird, and he lights him up in the Finals.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gvZZl4u-y08" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Then you got people bringing up his relationship with Khloe. Then they try to discredit James by comparing him to Magic, Bird, and Jordan. Yeah, let's compare Harden to those guys lol.

I'm trying not making excuses for James. I'm not gonna say "oh he's only 25" or "his team makes can't hit a shot to save their life." James Harden does everything he can on the court, and James Harden can't use "leadership" powers on his team mates to make shots. It's ridiculous how lowly people think of James Harden on this board. I understand else where. You know, people who have't watched Harden's entire Rockets career, but a lot of people on this board are acting like this season completely defined James Harden as a person. It's ridiculous. Last season Rockets fans were considered whiners and annoying because of how hard we all protected James Harden and how we vigorously told the world that he was great.

Now? Forget about it. It was a fluke to some of you. Now you have guys that gave up hope on Harden and take this season as the norm instead of the anomaly it was. The reasons some people come up with are ridiculous. I can't believe people are absolving the entire Rockets team of blame and only putting it on a select few. This was an awful team and there would be very few players in history that could do that much better with this heaping pile of trash.

Harden started off the season bad. He finished it strong. He did his best to take this team into the playoffs. His absolute best. Leadership is very important, but at the same time people are vastly over rating it. It's always something to discredit James.

19. PhiSlammaJamma

Reid, again, for the 2nd time, lighting up Bird in the Finals in the elimination game.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5vGGh0nqLQE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's a mini war on ideology....

Are you content with carrying on with Harden style ISO offense with little D and slow ball movement

Or are you pro team ball, fast ball movement, moving off the ball, great shooting and so on

and you might think Harden can adapt to the latter system as well, let me

tell you he can but it takes a lot of time, him maturing, letting go of his

way to play basketball, taking him out of his comfort zone.

It might happen with a new coach or it might not

I am pessimist at heart so I will say, it might not happen in time before his decline :(