1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope you are joking.

I never took your positions very seriously, but if you actually think Obama was worse than Nixon, I can only laugh.

#9661 Sweet Lou 4 2, Jul 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    Andre0087 and RayRay10 like this.
  2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

No, no WE don't, nor do you

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This quote from Turley is a real gem that exposes how serious this guy is about being a bipartisan respected legal mind:

The Trump campaign had hundreds.... yes hundreds of contacts with Russian linked officials in 2016, and Trump himself had a letter of intent WITH THE KREMLIN to build Trump Tower Moscow.

It would be malpractice to not investigate Trump-Russia. Turley is looking out for Turley here to insure he gets FoxNews commentary spots for the next 4 years. The guy is a hack looking out for Turley.

If you want to make this case, and not be taken seriously make the case, but as soon as you throw in garbage statements like that clearly that are a lie, you lose all credibility. Go enjoy OAN and FoxNews Turley. Nobody takes you seriously.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's stuff like this that makes me wonder if Turley has even read the Mueller Report..

7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Would you expect anything less the way Turley flip-flopped during the impeachment process?

8. dobro1229

I doubt anyone that watches FoxNews has read the report. Which is why he said exactly what he said. He's a career FoxNews opinion tv personality who says he's a Democrat so they can prop up a caricature to create the narrative they know their viewers want to see nightly. MSNBC has former Republicans on as well that paint a picture to MSNBC voters that Republicans also are seeing the light, and changing their views, but the reality is not what cable political TV tells you.

Unless FoxNews viewers stop watching FoxNews, they aren't changing. They aren't getting all the facts, and will believe anything that Fox tells them. Turley is looking out for Turley. I could say the same about MSNBC's Republicans but the truth is, the action they are putting into the ground game tells a completely different story than what you see at FoxNews with the Turley's of this country. People like Steve Schmidt and George Conway are actually putting their words to action which gives a higher level of sincerity. What has Turley ever done that isn't looking out for Turley?

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Is it safe to say that Democrats are the FBI party?
    I don't think Republicans love the FBI as much as Democrats.
    Any red or blue people have an official opinion on this?

10. dobro1229

Democrats will never forget what Comey did because of the culture of the FBI that would have led to a leak of the FBI case re-opening instead of Comey announcing it.

Yes anyone who knows and cares about the rule of law in the FBI obviously is not comfortable with Trump's criminality and authoritarianism, but any alignment with Democrats would be short lived if the Democrats took the presidency back I'm sure. I know a couple feds. They are NOT hippy lefties.

fchowd0311 and RayRay10 like this.
  11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I believe you.

12. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

have you read it?

sirbaihu likes this.
  13. dobro1229

RayRay10, fchowd0311 and mdrowe00 like this.
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Don't don't hurt @Os Trigonum feelings like that. He has a very special place in his heart for Turley. You are going to have to ease in your criticisms of him so not to trigger Os.

15. fchowd0311

Have you?

16. fchowd0311

You mean Jonathan "lying about a blowjob is impeachable but extorting a foreign nation to publicly state they are investigating your political rival is not" Turley?

Andre0087 likes this.
  17. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i don't watch fox news.

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Turley

https://jonathanturley.org/2020/08/...nvestigation-despite-proven-criminal-conduct/

excerpt:

From the start, Democrats overwhelmingly condemned the investigation despite admitting Durham is a respected prosecutor. Leaders like House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff deemed the investigation “tainted” and “political.” Biden mocked the very idea of an “investigation of the investigators” and added, “Give me a break. Gosh almighty.”

These are the same figures who repeatedly cited plea agreements in the special counsel investigation by Robert Mueller as proof that real crimes were waiting to be found. When the plea by former White House national security adviser Michael Flynn was announced, it was seen as the critical development even though FBI agents said they did not believe Flynn had intentionally lied about his conversations with Russian diplomats.
    more at the link

RayRay10 and basso like this.
  19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Hope: Keep it Alive

dmoneybangbang and RayRay10 like this.