1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

LOL, who knew you were such a Bill Clinton fan!

mtbrays and Rashmon like this.
  2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

lol stop and frisk random people, A-ok.

Machine gun in Elian Gonzalez face, A-ok

Police offers rape a woman in a van after handcuffing her, no comment.

African Americans murdered in routine traffic stops, hey they should have listened

Someone is frisked in an FBI raid, GESTAPO TACTICS.

Do you guys understand how big of frauds you are, or is your sub conscious protecting your facade?

Rashmon, JuanValdez, Xenon and 10 others like this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

No Worries and Deckard like this.
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Wonder if either Flynn should be considered a flight risk at this point.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I would consider all of them a flight risk. Those who already face charges (and this investigation is moving fairly quickly, believe it or not), and those who will face charges in the future. Putin would welcome them with open arms and likely help them flee the country, if possible. It may not be if the FBI has a close eye on them, although Russian intelligence is first class. I don't doubt that the colluding men and/or women will be able to afford a nice warm coat and thermal underwear. As warm as Putin's welcome would be, it can get a bit chilly in Moscow and Saint Petersburg from time to time.

6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Flynn should definitely defect to Russia. I hear it once was a worker’s paradise.

Deckard likes this.
  7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This mirrors the two week warning that Manafort got that he didn’t take. If Flynn doesn’t take this warning and sing like a canary, he’s almost surely going to be indicted in the next two weeks.

My guess is Manafort and Flynn have communications through channels with Trumps people and if Flynn also faces the music like Manafort did, you have to think we are setting up for a pardon spree. I don’t think for one second that Trump won’t do it and Trump fans/Fox so-called News won’t care.

Deckard and B-Bob like this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Makes sense. More sense than those crooks fleeing the country. Once they're pardoned, they can go back to working for foreign governments. Grrrr.

Or maybe they'll get "analyst" slots on Fox News. Not even kidding.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm supposed to be alarmed now that's it's happened to a rich white woman? Cops are tough on suspects; even guys like me that never got on a cop's bad side know that. Trump said they are actually too nice and should be rougher on suspects. Why should I be alarmed now?

It's probably a complicated calculus for Flynn. But, if I were him and I decided to run away, I wouldn't go to Russia. They might protect you from US prosecution, but you would effectively be Putin's prisoner. And that's probably a big problem for running away, in general. He's such a high profile suspect that no one would harbor him unless he was a valuable pawn to them.

10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Oliver North says hi.

No Worries likes this.
  11. No Worries

Trump said that Flynn was a good man, so Flynn should have little to worry about.

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

This is Trump's guy...

Mueller Probes Flynn’s Role in Alleged Plan to Deliver Cleric to Turkey
    Under alleged plan, ex-Trump adviser and his son were to be paid millions to forcibly remove Fethullah Gulen from U.S. and deliver him to Turkish custody
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/muelle...d-plan-to-deliver-cleric-to-turkey-1510309982

13. NewRoxFan

Very important to remember... Trump asked Comey to drop his investigation of Flynn.The Flynn accused of the above.

London'sBurning likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

15. dobro1229

This is where Mike Pence is in the most hot water himself as well. He was heading the transition team and oversaw Flynn’s hiring. What did he know and when did he know it is important.

However i have to highly doubt that Pence will ever get too entangled. Pence is the key here for Mueller’s investigation to either stand or get dismissed by the GOP. If Pence isn’t protected in some way then there is no way Paul Ryan allows the special council to continue. Unless Paul Ryan wants the presidency for himself which i guess isn’t out of the realm of possibilities but have to think Ryan isn’t going there yet and is communicating to the special counsel that they better not look at Pence.

16. adoo

adoo Member

this was while Flynn was working in Trump's WH

so, when Sally Yates went to the WH to warn the WH Council that Flynn could be subject to blackmail,
    it was in reference to the Turkish Gov't doing the blackmailing

mdrowe00 likes this.
  17. No Worries

Mike Pence also has to worry about his involvement in the Comey firing. If Mueller pursues obstruction charges, he might single handedly clear out the Trump White House (especially Trump and Pence and Sessions).

18. dobro1229

I think strategically Sessions will be the last to get any scrutiny from the special counsel. It’s a dilemma that Jeff Sessions staying in as AG might be the only thing saving the special counsel. The moment Jeff Sessions is fired or removed, Trump will move forward putting in place an AG that will remove Mueller on Day 1. Mueller knows this so I’m sure he will keep anything regarding Sessions under wraps.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You are making a lot of ascensions. First about Pence and Ryan. And now about Sessions. I don’t any normal person that is not on the inside knows much of anything.

20. dobro1229

Yes those are ascensions and just theorizing. I would hope people can decipher what is me talking about facts, and theories based on reports and my knowledge of how these political situations work behind what we see reported at a high level.

Its important to note the players involved and what their roles all mean even in hypothetical scenarios. Paul Ryan gets mentioned alot by me because he's the speaker of the house that controls the levers on the back end of many of these scenarios. I don't specifically have actions and words to show proof of theory, but you'd be naive to believe that the normal motives of someone in his position wouldn't apply. Same goes for Robert Mueller on the other end who we can assume has certain motives and aspirations. We don't need on the record statements and written documents in order to talk hypothetically about what they might or might not be thinking and strategizing about.... as long as people can clearly understand what is hypothetical theory based on circumstance vs. what is proven fact or fiction, or at the very least reported on by credible sourcing.

peleincubus likes this.