1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Helsinki was a public meeting.

Its so blatant that its over. Let it go

cml750 likes this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I find it baffling that now in this junction, Trumpers are saying “now let’s go get Comey, McCabe, etc”.

Do you guys not understand that re-opening an investigation about the pretext for this counter intelligence investigation only re-asks the question of “why investigate Trump-Russia” and only re-addresses all of the dozens of instances that made the Trump Russia scandal so nefarious looking to begin with.

You wouid essentially be re-opening and re investigating Trump Russia all over again. Is that really what you Trumpers want? You investigate Comey/McCabe, you are just re-investigating what reasons they had to look at Trump. You really want to go down that road again? Go for it.

No Worries likes this.
  3. dobro1229

Just because you want to believe the interpretations of the Mueller report from Bill Barr alone without the full scope of evidence doesn’t mean everyone else is just going to believe a political appointee on his word alone and not press for the full story.

If you want to believe Barr and call it a done day great. Go away then and plug your ears when more information is made available. But Trumpers won’t be able to bully everyone else into accepting your own fictitious reality.

And you highlighted my point about public wrongdoing leading to a public glazing over. Helsinki was abhorrent by any measure. Publicly siding with Putin over your own intelligence agencies. Again I ask... were you proud of that moment?

#7243 dobro1229, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  4. mick fry

mick fry Member

Dobro do understand Rosenstein reviewed it with Barr and they agreed? Dude you’re making yourself look even more silly, just stop for your own sake.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

6. NewRoxFan

Rare when it happens, but I agree with cornyn (rubio made the same point) here... and another important result of the Mueller investigation and report. as cornyn suggests, it was russia and trump this election... it will be other candidates in the future.

No Worries, dobro1229 and RayRay10 like this.
  7. dobro1229

Yes... who also is a politically appointee, a witness of the core action reviewed in the obstruction case here (Comey firing), and he did not co-sign the document. It also was reported this morning that Mueller’s office intended the findings of presidential wrongdoing to be concluded by Congress, not DOJ.

This is why you should care about this and why this was so troubling:

If the DOJ is going to take a stance on indicting a sitting president, they have to discharge those responsibilities of Presidential misconduct constitutionally to Congress. If not, they are making a precedent of presidential immunity where the DOJ can have it both ways. That’s a dangerous precedent and one that a future Dem president can surely take advantage of. Do you not care about future presidential immunity that a Dem appointed AG can give to a president Harris or president Beto?

I’m not saying Trump did obstruct justice, I’m saying Barr’s handling of inserting himself or the DOJ in general into the equation is problematic for precedent of presidential oversite. Surely you should care unless you think there will never be a Democratic President ever again.

Also ... stop trying to shut me up. Ignore me if my questions are taking air out of your sails today where you feel like you need to bask in some sort of victory.

8. cml750

cml750 Member

Yes that is what we want. We want to investigate the investigators. The whole ordeal was complete and utter fabricated BS from the start. We cannot have a Constitutional republic when we have our intelligence agencies going rogue (or worse if this leads up to Obama).

mick fry likes this.
  9. dobro1229

Very well. I’m just saying it re-opens the question of predicate which then re-opens the Trump Russia investigation in a sense. But Republicans should go for it. Don’t take my word for it.

Actually if they just release the full Mueller report, maybe that will answer a good deal of those questions. So why not start there?

10. NewRoxFan

Go for it. While I disagree that it was BS, and no where does the Mueller report suggest it was "fabricated BS", but hey, you control the white house and senate... investigate away. Have fun!

cml750 likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

Though, you have to give pence credit for being a bit more honest by changing trump's "no obstruction" to "trump's political appointee ag (not Mueller's investigation) said "no obstruction"...

12. cml750

cml750 Member

Trump was already exonerated by Mueller. His investigation was thorough. There is no chance investigating the people of the DOJ, FBI, CIA, etc... will uncover anything else in regards to Trump. There have already been many at the FBI and DOJ who either were fired or resigned in the last few years. There is a reason for that. Everyone in this country should want to get to the bottom of how this was started.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

My fictitious reality? Because i never believed Trump is a spy? Bro Trump has been in the tabloids my entire life. That's reality. Over forty years. There are no secrets about him.

One day everyone will realize how stupid this was.

cml750 likes this.
  14. cml750

cml750 Member

What did Trump obstruct? There was no crime committed. Firing Comey was not obstruction. A sitting President has the Constitutional authority to fire ANYONE within the executive branch. It will likely come out Comey has tons of dirt on his hands as this shifts to investigating how all this was started. The mainstream media has gotten you all wound up over all of this due to the echo chamber effect. Once you accept the reality of the situation you should take a long look at the media and their role in making you feel the way you do.

15. NewRoxFan

"trump's campaign manager will spend 7 years in prison and his lawyer is going to jail and his top advisor is going to jail and his foreign policy advisor pled guilty and his top aide copped a plea and his National Security Advisor pled guilty and he's like "YEAH BABY EXONERATED"..."

No Worries likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

They are going to jail for their crimes

18. NewRoxFan

19. cml750

cml750 Member

I said this to dobro in another post but it applies to you probably more than anyone on the forum.

20. NewRoxFan

What? All these important people in the trump campaign, admin and people close to the president going to jail for their crimes? I thought it was a totally fabricated nothingberger of an investigation?