1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

[​IMG]

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

For the telepathically challenged ...

FranchiseBlade and Harrisment like this.
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Speaking of pence...

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, Pence has been proven to be a liar over and over again regarding the whole campaign team.

6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It has gotten kind of quiet in here from those that have been maintaining all along that there was no evidence against Donald Trump or that there was nothing against Trump regarding Russia.

7. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

So where is the collusion for Trump?

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

LOL

Harrisment likes this.
  9. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

You must have missed it, Trump is totally cleared! Individual-1 however appears to be completely screwed. Whoever that poor b*stard is.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

They have to wait till Monday for Rush’s morning show to distubute talking points. It’s seriously amazing how one man typically shapes the narrative for 40% of Americans daily. Even if they don’t listen to him, they get influenced through the prop machine.

The talking points are pretty obvious from what I can predict.

-Stormy payments have nothing to do with Russia (fake news conflating)
    -it’s a common crime and Obama commited it.
    -no evidence of collusion because there is no recorded evidence of Trump on the phone with Putin where Trump says “will you please hack our elections to help me win, and in return I will work as a secret agent for you inside the White House”.
    -but her emails!

People just have to ignore and not pay attention to the whims of the 40%. They do not care about having a criminal in the White House as long as he’s their criminal, and they prefer the Russian framework of governing so if they were being honest in 2016 they all would have said that they welcome Russian collusion.

The other 60% deserve our attention more and can solve more for the future of the country.

Hakeemtheking and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

I voted for Trump in 2016 and Cruz in 2018. Just looking for the russian collusion that help Trump win the election. I dont know how the Russian interfere with my choice in Voting. So I will still wait on that.

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

That's the beauty of propaganda. Victims often do not know they are victims. Not saying you are one as you may very well be sound minded and made very informed intelligent sensible decisions with your votes.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Why is collusion the only crime you are concerned about.

14. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

The next evidence presented will be the first.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

Awesome twitter thread...

16. NewRoxFan

Knowing trump, he will call Individual-1 just a coffee boy who didn't have a role long in the campaign and was only included in things because they felt sorry for him.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The serial Denier in Chief. A liar to the end. His last act as "president" will be continuing to lie to himself as he boards Marine One for his trip into oblivion. If there is any justice, he will walking into a cell for the rest of his life after making his way through our justice system.

Meanwhile, how do we punish Russia and Putin? With Nixon, you were punishing mostly Americans, excepting a few Cuban freelancers, Nixon easily being the most prominent law breaker. Here? It involved a foreign power assaulting the government of a sovereign nation, the United States of America. John McCain declared that it amounted to an act of war. I happen to agree with the late Republican patriot, which seems to be a vanishing breed. Today's Republicans, with exceptions here and there, seem more obsessed with Donald trump than the well being of their own country, which I find somewhere beyond bizarre.

I see a prison cell in trump's future, but what about Vladimir Putin's future? We aren't the only country whose government he's been attacking and subverting for his own ends, using social media in ways the providers of those platforms didn't prevent, either through criminal incompetence or greed or both. He's done the same to Italy, France, Great Britain, and Germany that he has done, and continues to do, to the United States.

That's the short list in Western Europe, far from a complete list. There are some Central and Eastern European countries where he's doing the same thing, all but Ukraine and Austria being members of NATO. All with their systems of government under attack via Russian state intelligence, in an attempt to sow chaos and division in an effort to subvert their governments and weaken our most important alliance, and theirs, NATO. That's not even including the consequences of Russia's renewed interest in weakening America's relations with our neighbors to the south and weakening their governments.

I worry about what happens beyond making trump and his companions in treachery pay for their crimes. Russia and Putin have to pay for what they have done, and continue to do. There is also an incredible mess to clean up, both here and abroad. It will take years to restore the trust our friends and allies had in the United States prior to trump. Years, and even then, doubt has been sowed that will be lingering in the background going forward. How do they trust the word of the US government? What if another traitorous, mentally ill person is elected in the future? What is to stop a repeat of the disaster trump has created? Will a seed of doubt, not there before, remain for decades? We have our work cut out for us, post trump.

Today? The madman wants a Fox News anchor, who's only government experience is a year as the spokesperson for the State Department, to be the next ambassador to the United Nations. He also, according to what I've read, intends to reduce the UN ambassadorial role's power and influence by removing it as a cabinet position, something the UN Ambassador has been since President Dwight D. Eisenhower, a patriot and a Republican, raised it to that status in our government in 1953. That was sixty years ago. trump wants to make sure everyone understands just how little he values the United Nations. More madness.

I need another cup of coffee.

mikol13, No Worries and Hakeemtheking like this.
  18. NewRoxFan

[​IMG]

19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

MojoMan before the 2016 election:
    - Anybody but Trump!

MojoMan after the election:
    - Trump or bust!

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So is this the best that we could come up with in 2 years? A potential campaign finance violation that is fairly easy to defend and in no way puts the president in any danger of being removed from office that hinges on the word of an admitted liar? Hopefully we'll at least get some corroborating evidence to go with the testimony when it comes to this nothingburger. At least try to make this interesting so it doesn't seem like the waste of money it was.

MiddleMan and MojoMan like this.