1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Horry burns Tracy McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Apr 12, 2016.

1. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Ouch for T-Mac. Big Shot is right.

However, some people here ride his genitals as if they won a championship or got out of the first round. Some people here like to bask in other peoples' glory. It's tiring.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tman in the Lin Dish

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Tracy was on J.J. Redick's podcast.

[22:22]Redick: [You & Robert Horry were on [The Jump] one day. Rachel mentioned the number of rings. You mentioned a playful comment. His response was interesting. It went viral. This idea of you not deserving one and Robert deserves 7 or however many he won.]

Are certain superstars indicted as inferior for not reaching a certain level of team success?

T-Mac: Yes & no. There's some luck involved. I'm a prime example. Put up big numbers, hell of a player but I was never on a team that could contend for a championship. We didn't have the talent. Orlando, had the talent at first but didn't know Grant wouldn't be healthy. Go to Houston, thought me & Yao would be that tandem. He had issues with his foot. That never happened. When we did put together a championship team, my knee had blown out. We had Artest, Battier, myself & Yao but my knee blew out and I was no good. We're gauged on championships now days. Some guys, they aren't fortunate to be on teams to contend for a championship. Some guys run into Kobe/Shaq, MJ, Patrick Ewing, all these greats, Malone/Stockton. It's the era you play in and not fortunate. Look at yourself. Just think when Steph goes down, you have an opportunity then two of your guys go down. It knocks you out. It's some luck and being in the right situation with the right personnel. It happens.

Mac: I didn't have that personnel. It was frustrating. What could I do? My job was to go out and compete with the guys they put out there. I never had the personnel to compete for a championship. I hate that I didn't get that chance. Personally, my own personal accomplishments in the league, I'm content with that. Yeah, I wish I had team success but sometimes it doesn't go that way.

Mac: [Spurs] I was rented for 2 months. The level of play that I had in my career, it was a great opportunity to be on that stage, I cherish that moment but if we were to win that, how could I feel like a champion? The great fulfillment is going through the journey. I didn't go through that journey. I gotta fake like I'm into this if we win.

J.J.: What is the best team you played on? Was it the '08 team that won 22 in a row?

Mac: Yeah, I think that was the best team. Even with that team, Yao was having foot problems. He missed like 13+ games (during 22 game streak). I don't think we even had him in the playoffs. Matter of fact we did not so I can't say that's the best team. Dikembe was our starting center. Deke was so great. One of the best teammates you could have. He was our starting center in the playoffs against Utah because Yao was out. I don't know what was my best team. I hate to think about what could have been.

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Great player. Bad talent around him outside of Yao. :(

5. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

Man, Tmac is right..if we were healthy that season with Artest.. we had a championship team. We took the champs to 7 games and had some convincing wins. Also, a team like that would give a team like the warriors today some problems..
    Brooks, Tmac, Battier, Artest, Yao... Lowry, Landry, Deke, Wafer, Scola, Hayes on the bench..damn what couldve been

6. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Is this guy going to spend the rest of his life talking about how he's a victim and nobody helped him? Ugh...

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's no championship when you have to say what if

8. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Yep and the Rocketsheep will continue to buy into his tale of woe. After all, it's on him...

9. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Say what you want, but he's right.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

You can't prove what if
    Thank god I saw Olajuwon cause I know what did

11. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

It's an interview. He was asked these questions. I think once interviewers stop asking him about what could have been you'll stop reading about it on this BBS.

12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

For everybody thinking JR's paraphrase was TL;DR -- To paraphrase JR's paraphrase:

MeMac: Me, me, me. Whoah is me.

13. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Yes and no. Maybe they didn't have the personnel to win it all, but they had opportunities to at least advance, and couldn't get it done. They were up 2-0 against both the Jazz and Mavs and lost both series.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

In the playoffs,
    Hakeem beat Shaq, Ewing, Malone/Stockton.

Some guys run into Clutch City.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

this post is certified real

it speaks the truth that stabs hypothetical and delusional in the heart and watches it bleed

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

That 2009 team was so deep. Too bad TMac was basically dead by that time, and Yao later.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You have to admit that was our best chance though outside of maybe last season.

The league was pretty weak at the time.

18. Le$$

Le$$ Member

You know tmac wanted to reach for his Gat. Well atleast he made way more money than bob did.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

the best chance outside clutch city's championships was in 1986 where we lost in the finals to boston in 6 games.

we were 2 games away from a title.

other than that, is all NBA2K hypothetical fantasy mentality.

20. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Could Big Shot Bob lead a team out the first round with the talent Tmac had? :p :cool: