1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Horry burns Tracy McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Apr 12, 2016.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Explain why he never passed the first round his entire NBA Career.

Then as a bonus, explain how he couldn't even lead a chinese team to the playoffs

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Which team did Horry lead to the playoffs?

3. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

This site would get a whole lot easier to take if everyone would just accept and agree that Tracy Vagrady was a quitty b*stard coward who sucked and was the worst the absolute worst.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

I don't think the newbs appreciate championships, only nba2k ratings.

5. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Well not everyone is a vindictive, myopic, hateful individual that feels they they need to belittle someone to gratify their over inflated ego. Not everyone lives vicariously through ****ting on another man (especially one that was at point one of the best in the game on a daily basis) to somehow justify the validity of being a "true fan", even though they wind up sounding border line psychotic.

Those that recognize otherworldly talent when they see it, especially those that have played organized basketball and recognize how difficult it is to do the things Tracy did on the court daily especially dealing with all the injuries.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

Newb
    People recognize tmac as talented.
    People don't recognize him as an nba champion or even someone who in his prime led any team to any playoff success

7. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

False, I thought he made it out of the first round with the Spurs.

*on the bench*

8. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

He couldn't do what Horry had done. Horry couldn't do what Tmac had done.
    Horry's success was not just luck, he has the win spirits. Tmac can't be a great leader, and has zero chance to be a great role player.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You can't deny that T-mac in his prime subbed in for Horry would have been just fine. Maybe it would have been less Clutch City and the Rockets would have just bowled the Suns over to easy victories.

I mean, I get the critique of T-mac as a leader of a team and the bringer of rings, and I love Robert Horry and always rooted for his shots to go down even as a Laker or Spur - but to say that Horry > T-mac is just ridiculous.

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Let's not get carried away here. Rings would have been nice, but it's the fact that he can't carry a team past the 2nd round, much less any where close to the finals.

11. cbrant777

cbrant777 Member

12. J Hard

J Hard Member

Zzzzing! Ouch! Thats akward to watch, can only imagine how it was in person.

Tmac and Horry exchange showed the difference between a Champion and a loser.

13. buffalobills!!!

*Blocks Tinman*

14. J Hard

J Hard Member

Irrelevant. But since you want to be petty, Horry was an intregral part of the first 2 championships in Houston, LA doesnt win 1 championship without that series saving 3 point game winning shot against Sacramento and the Spurs dont beat the Detroit Pistons in 05 if Horry didnt turn back the clock to save the spurs in that game 5 overtime win in Detroit.

Not to mention all the big shots Bob hit every postseason to help win games in the clutchest moments to help his teams win chips.

Tmac was too busy choking in the last minutes of games which led to never getting past the 1st round. I'll never forget Game 7 at Toyota Center vs the Jazz when he choked the last 4:0p mimutes and didnt score and we lost on our home floor, Im still sickened at that thought.

What about when tmac went up 2-0 on the mavs and he let them come back to win in 7 getting blown out by 40? Tmac was a great talent but a loser, just like his cousin.

1 person likes this.
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The biggest diss on T-mac doesn't come from Horry, it comes from Kobe, who basically said he would play T-mac for a sucker by letting him score just enough to satiate him and prevent him from up'ing his game.

16. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

No doubt, that pissed him off!

17. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

You know I actually like Tracy, he is one of the nicest players I've ever met. He called off security at a autograph signing for my then 5 year old to take a pic with him. Thing is I accept Tracy for not being a Kobe or Dream. When we needed a bucket he more often than not shot a 22 foot jumper where Kobe,MJ and other greats went hard to the rack.
    You can like a player off the court and know he is not gonna lead you anywhere on the court.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

At least you know Tmac will be eager to outdo Horry as an analyst.

He just got that fire back

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

Who's more insufferable:

tinman when talking about McGrady

or

Bigtexxx in the D&D?