1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ROBERT HORRY APPRECIATION THREAD!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carmine Capucci, Jan 22, 2003.

1. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

Rumore has it Horry is up for grabs....

Is anyone surprised?

;)

2. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I don't see how anyone can criticize Horry...ever. He is a role player, and one of the best clutch players ever. There is a reason why teams he goes on end up being champions.

Do you realize that every year Horry has been in the league, the team he has played on has never lost in the first round. That is partly because of the intangles he brings, clutch shooting, shotblocking, and good post defense.

If the Lakers trade Horry to another team, I doubt Horry stays with that team for a long period of time. With that in mind, and with Yao Ming in Houston, I wouldn't be surprised if Horry came back to the Rockets in the future. Hell, if I was the coach, I'd have a roster spot waiting for him.

I truly believe Horry would retire rather than play for any other team than the Lakers or the Rockets. The guy has achieved all the goals he can.

My fav Horry play was the shot against the Magic in game 3 of the 1995 Finals that pit the Rockets up 104-100 with like 4 secs left. I was there. :D

Come back home Robert.

3. dishdude

dishdude New Member

Thank you for bringing this up. Last year I too brought up a thread about Robert after he helped the Lakes win the championship. And yes there were some haters that came out in full force. I hate the Lakers but enjoyed seeing him do what he did. The man has five rings people. He knows how to feed the post!!! He can play great D on the top post players in the NBA- ask Tin Duncan, Weber every body except maybe Karl Malone for some reason. He's the only Rockets player past or present to be apart of five championship teams.

He saved the Lakers buts last year, ask the Kings, give him his props!

If the rockets can get him back, why not! Does Mo Taylor do it for you. Or how about Grif.? Who else do the Rocket have at forward???:D

Danny Ange even points out the overlooked aspets of Roberts game despite being victom of the infamous flying towel incident between he and his former player with the Sun:eek:

4. walterw

walterw Member

Robert is an valuble asset, especially if he playes along with a
    good center. He is unselfish and can make clutch shot.

5. carayip

carayip Member

Can we trade for Horry now but without helping the Lakers?

6. Sane

Sane Member

If Griffin was playing solid, consistent basketball, I'd trade for Horry without thinking twice. To have Horry as your backup F, 6th man in the playoffs? Who wuold want to face us? It's like the Lakers. Go to Ming? Go to Francis? Leave Horry open?

If the Lakers would take MoT, I'd trade him for Horry right now.

Only problem I have with keeping Horry MORE than half a season, is I'm worried his lazinees may brush off on Griff. That's why I'd like to have him from Feb 14th, till the end of the playoffs. Then don't re-sign him.