1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Horry advanced in the Playoffs EVERY YEAR

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Aug 2, 2017.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Horry did not (mentally) suit up until Spring sprang; when he had his 'shot' to lead in '95-'96 he bombed and led to the forsaken Chuckles arrival.

Robert Horry, the next Pippen, and we all remember when Pippen came next.

Retire his #? Mebbe. HOF? Sure, if he's there to support his worthy teammates like Dream, The Admiral/TD, Kobe/Shaq whom he supported IN THE P/Os. Worthy of note, not worthy of immortalization.

Plowman likes this.
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Yes, everyone can. First mention of the word "McGrady" was your mention. You troll tinman. I have no idea why.
    Also, while you're reminiscing about San Diego days and then fast forwarding to today, don't forget to stop and enjoy our Olajuwon and Horry led championships that came midway thru our history.

[​IMG]

HOUSTON! - > ROCKETS!
    HOUSTON! -- > ROCKETS!
    HOUSTON! --- > ROCKETS!
    HOUSTON! --- > ROCKETS!

#142 don grahamleone, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  3. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

horry was on a contender for all of his career, if the same thing happened for Tmac, i am sure tmac would have more rings than horry, not saying horry is not a good player, but he is never the guy on a team, that's all i can say, he is just good player who got the luck to play with bunch of hall famers through out his career

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

So constantly making references, without explicitly saying "McGrady" is okay?

Mathrocker simply said "James Harden made the playoffs everd year.". Instead of just acknowledging it or paying homage, tinman replied with "I can't say that about the last Max Salary Wing/Guard we had", which is purely about McGrady and derails the thread. Same with his OP saying "7 games in a year = you made it past the first round".

It's hilarious to see you defending this completely transparent behaviour and attacking me instead.
    At least admit that he started and I responded, otherwise you're dishonest.

5. don grahamleone

Look at the first reply and tell me how focused you and your buddy are on all of this. It's friggin sad that the first reply has nothing to do with our hero Robert Horry.

tinman likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Come on, graham leone.....you know that 'Horry advances in the playoffs every time' is a hidden but obvious jab at Tracy McGrady not actively been able to get out of the 1st round which has been the guy's sole argument the last 5-6 years.

Obviously he is still thinking of him....... for good or worse.

Not that I intend to get myself involved in a fruitless Tmac debate again, I wanted this pointed out.

#146 daywalker02, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    Jayzers_100 and Rox11 like this.
  7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Why don't you address my post at all? I completely proved that he started it, which you denied on multiple occasions, blaming me instead.

Really don't get why some people here suddenly go deaf and have to play stupid when it comes to defending someone they agree with.

8. don grahamleone

That's a pretty amazing feat. I wish it happened for Horry every year of his career without leaving Houston! That dude was a pure winner!

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Never said otherwise. In team sports you have to find your niche to be a winner though.

For instance Chris Paul was so close but always got bounced off in the 2nd round until now. He always brought good stats.

IMO he is a winner 2.

10. Rox11

Rox11 Member

It's because they made a pact to act old and grumpy and never admit the others faults. They pretty much are saying if you are a rockets fan who didn't witness the glory years or you came after those years then you are not as "good" or important a fan as they are.
    Bigotry at its finest display.
    If you for one second think that you will get an honest answer then you are wasting your energy. Go make that wager to end this derailment and embarrassment of the site.

He either will accept and will never speak of a loser player again or he keeps digging him up and keeping his memories alive in a place he no longer should be mentioned...

Yung-T likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You have a sound mind, breh. But deep inside I think Don Graham Leone at least can be reasoned with while the terminator boys cannot be. It just is.

12. don grahamleone

Let's hope that changes for Chris! Since his junior season, he's made the playoffs every year and he's been the best player on every team he's played on. Harden has made the playoffs every year and he's never been swept. Hopefully they'll combine their strengths for a few deep playoff runs, maybe some championships that we can pair with Horry's.

13. marky :)

marky :) Member

I heard that if you say Tmac 3 times in the restroom, Tinman will show up with a copy of Clutch City on VHS.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

tinmac already said he won't react to a wager thread, sadly already proved my point and you know the rest of his squad would find dumb excuses and derail it.

Guess I really have to stop acknowledging many of the hypocrites here, it's sad to see so many dishonest people who play dumb as soon as they're backed into a corner.

15. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Yea it's so easy to predict his response, something like " I have to be the knight with minions who protects CF from 'only fans', and for that reason I'm out". Funny thing is he's at war with the wrong people. Are there any 'only fans' left after Lin? Dmo?

What a sad addiction and craving to keep someone's memory alive around here, he can't imagine his life without Tmac in it.

Yung-T likes this.
  16. don grahamleone

I hope we win a championship to bring you guys into the fold. I started a thread about our championship run in 95'. The first response was from a young guy that missed out. So I posted some of the defining games of that run. The full games, so ya'll could work your way into our history. It's something to be proud of even if you didn't see it. I was living in Chicago during the Sampson/Hakeem years, I never saw those games, but I'm proud as can be of those teams. I never saw Rudy, Calvin, or one of my favorite Rockets of all time Elvin Hayes. But I go back and watch as much as I can because those guys are what made Houston what it is today. Moses is probably more important than Hakeem to the foundation of the Houston Rockets. Those guys put in the roots that our championships grew from.

I just don't see how you guys don't see our championships as something to celebrate. I wish we could all relive those again. McGrady and Yao had the talent to do it, but I don't think McGrady understood that individual efforts were never going to get you over the hump. You need five guys on the court doing it. Hakeem was like that earlier in his career, but when he started trusting his guys he won the MVP and his first championship. Tracy was great, but he wasn't a very smart player. Sometimes less is more and he never figured that out. Speaking of, it's time for Harden to learn that. I think he's about to round that corner with or without Chris Paul. His game is so ready to take off on a winning track.

Jayzers_100 and Rox11 like this.
  17. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i hope horry makes it into the hall of fame!!

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Again, find a single post where any of us is saying we shouldn't celebrate these championships.

Again, why are you acting like we derail these threads when I've proven that tinman started with the comments?

It's just so brutally dishonest.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A lady should say it.... observing and expecting him to show up in the restroom.

20. Rox11

Rox11 Member

This is a post I can appreciate and have a conversation about. Thank you for being honest and down to earth about the situation. I have no problem whatsoever in celebration as long as you aren't making other fans uncomfortable. There shouldn't be a bridge between fans unless they are bandwagons. I think we are all adults here and don't have the mental capacity anymore for little games and jabs at one another when we never start anything. There clearly are grudges towards players that passed through here and I have the same bad taste from it , but do not label us when we are here rooting for the rockets as you are..

don grahamleone likes this.