1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. launches unlikely presidential bid as a Democrat

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Reeko, Apr 20, 2023.

1. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

RFK is anti vax and a conspiracy theorist, what type of voter is he after, the Q and conspiracy crowd seem to come from the right. I am not sure a left leaning democrat would buy into it, I guess there could be independent voters who buy into his BS but I think more than likely the gop members who wont vote for trump have someone they can get behind................not exactly sure where his high polling comes from.

As Sam F said, please let him pick Rodgers as his VP, the drama that would cause would break the internet

2. Nook

Nook Member

As scary as it is - my gut reacting right now is that if a genie came to me and said he could guarantee that Kennedy Jr. wins the 2024 general election...... I would take it, just because I don't think he is as corrupt or as vindictive as Trump is, and while he a weirdo, he doesn't seem interested in taking over the government.

We get Kennedy for 4 years and then move on.

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

With the incredible baggage and number of people that Trump has pissed off - and the age and baggage that Biden has---- Kennedy has a better chance to win as a third party than anyone in several generations..... he can peel off some of the MAGA's and Republicans that don't want to vote for a corrupt POS, and he Kennedy can peel off independents and younger democrats not happy with Biden on certain social issues.... couple that with the real possibility of other marginalized politicians and media figures joining Kennedy - if you squint hard enough it is possible he pulls an upset.

15 years ago no one thought that Trump would be President or old man Biden would be elected....

This is the Tik Tok generation, and they view politics like entertainment - they think America both sucks and in impregnable at the same time...

ROCKSS likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Be careful what you ask for.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I will not be careful.

Not going to buy any ham-fisted pile of horse race slop where somebody tells me "look out, Aaron Rodgers has put Wisconsin in play by tweeting about Soros and Dr. Fauci and the Pyramids and handed the election to Trump! " - I've got many a "Kanye 2020" sticker to sell you if that's your bag.

I merely want to see "Former 3rd party vice presidential candidate" on his resume.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

If rogers is the VP pick, Biden can say goodbye to the Joe Rogan Debate Me Bro vote.

7. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

Yeah - well we didn't see this **** either..... nor did many think he would be the heavy favorite to win 2024, especially after the Capitol Riots.

If Trump can win...... and Biden at 81 years old can decide he wants the nomination --- then fringe weirdo Robert Kennedy Jr. has a shot with Aaron Rodgers or Woody Harrelson, Rob Schneider or any other weirdo supporter of his has a chance to win.

We have already entered the Twilight Zone - the SCOTUS has put out opinions with conspiracy theories presented as facts.

Andre0087 likes this.
  8. SamFisher

I can tell you that the chance of RFK Jr-Rodgers ticket chance of winning the presidency is the same as Kanye West and literally every single third party presidential candidate going back to the civil war.

0.0%

Nook likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Right - probably true - but did you think there was any chance of Donald Tiberius Trump winning the 2016 election? That he would survive the storming of the Capitol politically - or that he would be the favorite in 2024?

People that can elect Donald Trump can possibly elect Kennedy.

ROCKSS and Invisible Fan like this.
  10. SamFisher

Not in a 2 party system.

The 2 party system that rehabs a degenerate sociopath traitor like Trump also locks out any 3rd party candidates, regardless of merit.

11. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Haven’t seen Rand Paul and Andrew Yang’s names in a minute, and they’re now on this clown’s list for VP

Those 2 are basically washed actors in my eyes that had some buzz for a few years and then fell off the map now making low budget films that go straight to Peacock.

13. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I could see Rand Paul, he fits in with this whack job but I was surprised about Yang..........I only know a little about him but he didn't strike me as a conspiracy theorist. RFK is polling higher than what I thought he would, but he won't win (I was wrong about his polling) but he can pull enough votes from one candidate to throw the election. I agree with Nook, if you had to pick RFK or trump to be Prez I would pick RFK, he is a nut but trump is in a different atmosphere..............the kind where you may never recover

Reeko likes this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is that Alan Ruck?

15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I don’t think Yang would run as RFK he’s VP. I just don’t see the “Math and Science guy” joining RFK jr. Rand Paul is still a Republican and even while he criticizes leadership once and a while has shown a high amount of loyalty to the party.

I agree it’s very unlikely that RFK jr wins. It’s not just whether he can win the vote but when yet he has the organization and funding to
    Win enough states to get enough electoral votes. This is the real reason why a third party will have a very very difficult time electing g a president. It’s not just winning a majority/ plurality of the national vote. It’s being able to win enough states.

16. basso

Supporting Member

if Evan McMuffin had won Utah in 2020, the election would have gone to the House.

don't underestimate RFKj's ability to play spoiler.

17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Spoiler is one thing outright winning is something completely different.

18. basso

Supporting Member

yes, 3P is not there yet. but if enough people of good will object to the duopoly, we can get there.

Red vs Blue does not reflect the entirety of US history.

emancipate yourself from mental slavery.

19. SamFisher

Aaron Rodgers - revolutionary brain genius

Rodgers' statement comes a day after CNN reported that he shared beliefs that the shooting at Sandy Hook in Newtown, Connecticut, wasn't real with at least two people, including journalist Pamela Brown.​

20. SamFisher

*Evan mcmullin finished 70,000 votes behind in Utah in 2016**

**70,000 behind Hilary, and 270,000 behind Trump.