1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Road Trips

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Wife and I are kicking around the idea of making the December trip to Lambeau - don't the Texans offer road packages? Any one ever done them?

If not, any advice for securing tickets, etc.?

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Might be hard to find a reasonably priced hotel in Green Bay. If you can't, check out Appleton. Lambeau is in the middle of a neighborhood and folks open up their yards for parking. You can purchase a parking pass online for $25 or so.

StubHub or a similar site would be your best bet.

And, by all means, order one of these
    [​IMG]

3. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I"ll be at that game and likely going through StubHub. My company is in the Wasau/Schofield area and they'll be busing a bunch of us over.

You'd probably be able to get a hotel real cheap in Wasau or Schofield. It's about an hour and a half drive to Green Bay and you can fly into Wausau through Delta, United or American.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

Take good pics!

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'm going to Lambeau also.

We did it the first time too (2008?)

We just searched for tickets on our own (stubhub I think) and found cheap hotel rooms.

They have a tailgate that's $30 or something all you can eat and drink. The screwdrivers froze though.

Highly recommended, fun trip

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I'm driving over to watch the Packers beat the Cowboys. I got tickets in an auction and was hoping to be able to pick the Texans game, but it was not available. If I can't cheer for the Texans, the next best thing is cheering against the Cowboys.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What about Mexico City for a MNF game the week of Thanksgiving?

9. Mr. Clutch

Some people said they're going. Tickets a little more expensive. Cheapest I see are $190 vs $150 for green bay

Just too much of a hassle for me though it would be fun

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Weird it would be more expensive since there's no home team ... vs a GB home game.

Sounds like it is artificially priced at the moment for vacationers, and will drop rapidly the closer to game day. I'd consider showing up without a ticket, in fact, if they are currently overpriced.

I know it sold out within minutes, but that's got to be a lot of scalpers. Estadio Azteca holds 87,000 people.

11. Mr. Clutch

Yeah, I don't know what's going on. There's nothing on Stub Hub but a site called viagogo has them. Not sure how legit