1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Roaches

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by AntiSonic, Apr 19, 2008.

1. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Summer is officially here. You know how I know?

Yep. One of those big demonic bugs found its way into my bathroom. Hadn't seen one since waaay back in October.

I'm baffled as to how it got there though. I have sealed every crawlspace between the walls and have covered all my vents with a mesh that only the teeniest of critters could squeeze through. They're not coming up through the drains because I always make sure to cap them off.There is a slight opening around a pipe coming through the wall that as far as I can tell is the only possible entry point. It looks like a tight squeeze, but will be stuffed immediately.

I only encounter them in the bathroom. Almost exclusively after midnight but before sunrise. My apartment gets sprayed regularly, so there is no infestation of their smaller cousins. Apparently these guys are just coming in to die? :confused:

So any other ideas to keep them out? I found last summer that keeping the temperature below 75 degrees drastically cut down the number of incidents from about once a week to once a month.

2. armyman7894

armyman7894 Member

I HATE ROACHES! :mad:

3. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

They're drawn to moisture. If you're seeing it in the bathroom, it's living somewhere in your apartment building. Not much you can do about it except keep your place clean and dry so your living area isn't attractive to them. But you can't help if the peeps next door are slobs.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I hate them. I woke up a few mornings ago to take a shower. To my surprise, there was one on the shower curtain inbetween the clear plastic and the cloth curtain.

i freaked...then squished his ass. *FLUSH*

5. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

lmao. i know how you are about roaches and i'm the same way. as a matter of fact the same exact thing happened to me this morning... and my place is spotless. evidence is below (rockhead award?).

[​IMG]

i sprayed that f'er for at least twenty secs or so. then i went on a spraying ramage around the house. yep... i'm calling the exterminator this week. there's just too many trees around this place that you can't help to have them. i just don't want one of those f'ers crawling to in my ear "broken down palace"-style while i'm sleeping.

/heebee jeebees

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

roaches are my least favorite insect

7. Buck Turgidson

Some people save them for a dry season, I personally don't like the taste when they get old & stale so when I'm done using them I just throw 'em away.

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

****, you get roaches?

i get frogs, snakes and lizards.

i always find frogs in my garage. i get a lot of lizards on the front porch.

I live near some woodsy area, and they are cutting trees down, so I think snakes are starting to come into my backyard.

9. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

You ever encounter the flying kind??

Those suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

The worst was once I was at a party and falling asleep on the coach. I thought this girl was fingering my mouth, but actually it was a roach. Sick!

11. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Roaches do suck. At least you are doing the correct thing in getting the house sprayed instead of trying to "bomb" them, which is totally ineffective. Does the exterminator spray outside of your house as well? You can get petroleum based pesticides that are waterproof that you can spray outside that will last through weather for a few weeks. I would also do a little exterminating myself, spread boric acid where it canNOT be accessed by pets and kids, buy some permethrin and mix it up yourself and do some outside and inside spraying, etc.

#11 Lil Pun, Apr 20, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  12. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

You SICK b*stard!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

;)

13. ling ling

ling ling Member

I got exterminators at my old apartment all the time. It never helped any.

Once I got this MAXFORCE ROACH BAIT GEL, they were gone in a week. You can get them at home depot, walmart and stuff.

http://www.thepestdepot.com/mafcrogel4gr.html

14. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

Poison will only do so much. Get some boric acid from the local supermarket. It's this white, powdery stuff. You put it around the bottom of your cabinets and under the fridge- pretty much anywhere that's dark. They get it on them and it dehydrates them from the inside out.

15. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

Send 'em to me, BT. :D

16. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

thx for starting the thread, anti. i was planning on stopping by home depot later today anyway, so i'll check out the stuff above.

17. Lil Pun

OOPS! Fixed. :D

18. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I hate roaches. Especially **** roaches.
    What's worse, I accidentally drank some roaches once. I was in my mom's bathroom and I see a can of orange soda. Being young and stupid I figure, hey great... soda, let me try some of this. I drink some... it's chunky. I pour it out in the sink and a few dead roaches come out. Gah!

19. Man

Man Contributing Member

yup i don't like seeing them :p

20. Lil Pun

Wha.... :eek: :eek: