1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rise Of KPJ

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 14, 2021.

?

What to do with John Wall now?

1. Play him at SG?

33 vote(s)
    22.9%
  2. Trade him.

86 vote(s)
    59.7%
  3. Let him Ride the bench.

25 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

With the emergence of KPJ, in the view, what will the Rockets do with John Wall. Will the rockets try to move Wall to the bench at SG? after the roster movement, or will he be traded?

Btw I ate Crow big time on KPJ, this kid is the real deal.

2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Depends, I expect the Rockets to actually get a top 3 pick and select either Cade Cunningham or Jalen Green.

Rockets will want Kevin Porter and Cunningham / Jalen to get as much playing time possible; but Wall will make $44M and Eric Gordon will
    make near $19M. Playing time is needed for Wall and EGo to continue building trade value for them.

So the Rockets will be taking part in a balancing act between young and old.

Perhaps Eric Gordon can be moved in the off-season as his groin Injury should be better.

Rockets also could miss out on the high draft pick and continue a platoon of Wall/Porter/EGo
    at the 1 & 2 next season.

#2 ApacheWarrior, Mar 14, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

why theres no option shut him down for the season?

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

If a healthy player is shut down for the season, regardless of reason, you'd think there was something wrong there, health-wise.

If a 30+ year old player coming off an Achilles injury is shut down for the season, you'd definitely think there's something wrong health-wise.

Need to keep playing him to showcase his value to a team.

eliefor3, IvanLCPM, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  5. conquistador#11

I'd look for a trade but if you can't. I'm sure Wood, Wall and KPJ can find a way to take 17 shots each. There will be 38 fgs left for everyone else*

*If Olibricko is traded.

D-rock and topfive like this.
  6. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

You don't have to have a designated roll. There is no reason they can't play at the same time so I guess out of your options play him at the SG would be the closest thing.

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm impressed too, but slow down! It's two games!

HP3, hakeem94 and B-Bob like this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If it's possible to trade Wall while only bringing back picks and expiring contracts, you jump on it, but that's not likely to be possible so you're stuck playing both of them together and just seeing how it works.

It'll be good experience because if the dream of the Rockets winning the lottery and picking Cade come true, KPJ will have to know how to share.

Highlyrated and ramotadab like this.
  9. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

showcase his value, that’s cute. Nobody is touching that contract without us adding a FRP

Wall is playable. I like the wall at sg option but I don’t know how receptive wall would be to it.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I’m not sure why people are overly worried about this. KPJ will still get 30+ minutes coming off the bench.

11. PatBev

PatBev Member

John just gonna have to be a man about coming off the bench

I’m cool with having Wall/KPJ as the back court. Wall going to miss half the season anyway so I see KPJ playing 35+ minutes a night either way

If we really get a top 4 pick then that pick will either play a point forward at the 3 or we trade wall unless he is willing to come off the bench

D-rock likes this.
  12. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I want a solid 3/4 to pair with KPJ.

13. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Trading Wall will be pretty complicated...but if there is a way that does not cripple the franchise, then get it done. Its a rebuild with Wood and KPJ as the center points. Trade off Olidipo for anything, that dude does not want to be here so he can go get F**ked! I would not even play that dude, just trade that female-dog already!

MIAGI99, IvanLCPM, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  14. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

KPJ needs to play with C.Wood not the current center. I know KPJ is a keeper when King Bricker Ben Mac instead of passing to a open KPJ, he shot a brick. On the following possession, KPJ was wide open for a jumper, but he opted to pass to Ben Mac who throws another brick. I know KPJ mentally is strong.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  15. PatBev

PatBev Member

That’s what I’m saying. If we pick top 4 and get a borderline elite point forward to pair with KPJ & Wood we will reek havoc next season

Dynasty

HTown_TMac likes this.
  16. vator

vator Contributing Member

Lol at John Wall coming off the bench. Never gonna happen. Let’s be realistic here. He’s averaging 21 and 6. He’s not a scrub, just not in the plans for the future. If you thought Harden acted a fool on his way out, this tornado would make that look like cool breeze.

As long as he’s here, I honestly don’t see a scenario where Wall is not the starting PG. Well if we draft Cade Cunningham things get a lot more dicey, but hopefully that’s a problem we’ll eventually have. It’s up to Silas to determine if they share duties when they are on the court together or if KPJ will play starting SG and backup PG when Wall sits. KPJ having moments in the game where he can play off the ball a little and be in attack mode isn’t all bad. He needs to learn that aspect of the game too.

#16 vator, Mar 14, 2021
  17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Trade him if you can.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Juxtaposed Jolt

Yes, but him being shut down for the season would mean we'd probably have to include even more into the deal, just to offload his contract.

D-rock likes this.
  19. TimDuncanDonaut

There aren't too many bloated Russ/Wall contracts out there. So if he's nearly un-tradable then theoretically there's less pressure to showcase. Outside the name and vet status, I would like to see if Stone/Silas have the gonads to play the PG who's best for the job.

With the long list of injuries, maybe this isn't a problem. Probably plenty of playing time to go around.

The Houston Rockets Hospital.

[​IMG]

#19 TimDuncanDonaut, Mar 14, 2021
    RocketsTerps, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  20. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

you’re either not getting my point or you’re ok with adding to it to get away from Wall.
    We’re not unloading the contract. Why waste assets to unload it. We jsut have to eatit and Silas needs to become a bette coach and make the situation work. Like I said the most simplest situation seems to make Wall the SG

D-rock likes this.