1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[RIPOFF] RediClinic

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, May 13, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Kind of a shot in the dark, but just wondering if anyone here has been to a RediClinic (inside HEB) and then had your credit card charged about a month later.

Took my 2 boys there a few months ago for ear infections. The visit was okay but when we told our real doctor what the RediClinic nurse had prescribed, she just rolled her eyes and shook her head.

About a month later, we get an email saying they are going to charge our credit card $59 - once for each kid. We called the number and just got a recording trying to sell us some kind of membership.

Disputed the charges with Chase once they were taken out and Chase reversed them because they couldn't get anyone to respond. Then a month later, RediClinic charges us again. Again, tried to call the number and just got a perpetual busy signal. Disputed the charges with Chase again and won again.

Lucky for me, I lost my credit card and got a new one with a new number so they couldn't keep charging it.

So today we get an email saying they are going to bill us for the charges. Again, no phone number to call.

How can I dispute the charge if there's no long a credit card involved? Is this going to go on our credit? I'm not paying it until I can get an explanation as to what the charges are.......

2. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I'm sure you've already tried, but just in case, here is their corporate office.

http://www.rediclinic.com/contact-us/

3. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

RediClinic sucks. I went there one time and I also had a billing issue with them.

4. Nero

Nero Member

Never tried the HEB ones, but the ones inside Walgreen's have always been very good, and never any problems.

5. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

I only went to one in an HEB, I didn't know they were in Walgreens. I would go for a flu shot or vaccine but I wouldn't go again for a checkup.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Go back to the clinic and ask them who you need to speak with? That being said, why are you disputing the charge? Didn't you take them there and receive a service or is this something your insurance covered?

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I've used them before and never had a billing problem. But, echo what bobrek asked -- had they already been paid? You left out the part about why the charge wasn't legit.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm guessing he paid a co-pay on his visit.

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

And, if it is something that was covered by your insurance, did the insurance actually pay or did RediClinic wait a month, not get paid, and then decided to bill you.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

You get what you pay for with these Mickey Mouse clinics. Go to an established, reputable clinic, not a kiosk in a grocery store.

11. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

What did the nurse prescribe your son at this clinic?

12. hvic

hvic Member

was it a nurse practioner that you saw at the Rediclinic?

13. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Most of these clinics staff nurse practitioners or PAs. It's just not economically feasible to have MDs/DOs in there for the low volume.

With that said, if you have a general, mild illness, I don't see why NPs and PAs can't do the job for you.

When PharmDs get provider status, they'll be taking over these clinics.

14. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I went there once for an administrative physical, and they didn't even try to bill my insurance company first. Charged me 100% out-of-pocket for a freaking physical.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Just checked with my insurance company, this charge has nothing to do with any overages that they didn't pay, etc. We paid up front and then got this mysterious charge(s) a month later.

Yes, it was a PA. She prescribed some antibiotics that were too low-dose to do any good, which is why our real doctor shook her head. Can't really blame the PA for that, since she isn't our regular doctor and has no history with our boys.

Took the boys here on a Friday night because we didn't want them to suffer all weekend before being able to see the real doctor the next Monday. We really just wanted a prescription to get them through the weekend.

I think this is just a service charge they add later on, hoping you won't dispute it. I'm going to have my wife (aka my ICBM) call the corporate number today.... Good luck to the poor soul who answers that call.... :)