1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RIP to my friend

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by da1, Jul 17, 2013.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I lost my sister in law 13 years ago to a motorcycle accident. She was such a great person can not believe it has been so long. I hope I get to see her again one day.

2. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

Sorry for the loss of your friend, da.

I have a colleague who told me that his wife once suffered some sort of head injury that required her to be hospitalized for a few months. He indicated that 99% of the people that he saw come and go from her wing were there as the result of a motorcycle accident.

3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

That kind of tragedy is always mind-boggling-- the onset of adulthood and a child to-boot.

4. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Law suit right there...

5. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Condolences man. RIP

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Very sorry to hear that. I didn't know your friend but this feels like a kick in the gut to me too. 22 is too young. My deepest condolences to you and your friend's family.

When I was 17 I had a motorcycle accident and had five operations and two years on crutches. That was the last time I rode anything with two wheels more powerful than a scooter.

7. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

I just don't understand why theirs not more condolonce post in this thread for da1. SMDH at how we post more support in the lost dog threads but can't do the same for one like this. Lost of a love one is lost of a love one so where is the support in here?

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Where is this? :eek: I'd like to know.

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

If there is one thing I know to be true growing up with friends who ride motorcycles is inevitably some of them die in motorcycle accidents. Any time I hear about another loss like this, I always think back to when I was growing up and a few guys I knew (whether my friends or my brother's friends) who died in motorcyle accidents. Many times, if it is a car accident, then it is survivable. Motorcycle accidents...not so much. And, accidents do happen so the likelihood that you will use a motorcycle as your transportation and not wreck at some point is wishful thinking. Just thinking about all my close calls in cars (had one just this last weekend because of crazy drivers out there who think they can dominate the road by going 10-20 mph faster than the rest of busy freeway traffic weaving in and out of lanes on a dime); I don't think I would have been so lucky if I were on a motorcycle.

Sorry to hear about your friend. That sucks. And, it brings back bad memories for me.

#29 Surfguy, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  10. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

My condolences to you, his friends and especially his family. May Allah grant his family ease.

11. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

My sincere condolences to your friend. R.I.P. Ben.

12. dragician

dragician Member

condolences. too young to leave his family and friends.

i have a family friend who also lost their eldest son due to motorcycle accident in Austin.

13. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

RIP. I love riding bikes, but I would never own another one.

14. dmc89

dmc89 Member

RIP. Sorry for your friend, da1.

I rarely ride my motorcycles because too many in this country have licenses to drive, but little respect or awareness for the safety of others. I only ride when few other drivers are on the road. Whenever I see headlights behind me, I pray they aren't texting and/or drunk. To future motorcycle owners contemplating a purchase, I urge you to think carefully.

If what some poster has said about the lack of markers on that road being true, then his family needs to litigate.

15. legend215

legend215 Contributing Member

Deeply Sorry about your friends loss. Prayers for him and to his family and friends

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Sorry about your friend. 22 is too young.

My general advice to anyone who is considering getting a motorcycle and has a kid/s is: Don't. It is not fair to the kids who need you in their life.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

RIP to your buddy DA.

DD

18. PopItRockets

PopItRockets Member

Wow only 22? That's so young, it reminds me of a friend I lost senior year on prom night. He rented a hotel with a group of friends he hung out with and that night after prom he died in his sleep. Turns out he had too much to drink and choked on his vomit, he was only 18 man and 2 weeks away from graduation. To make things worse I had a class with him that year and I'll never forget the day I walked in and there was one of his friends (an acquaintance to me who was there at the hotel that night) all tear eyed. I had heard a student passed away but was unaware whom and when the teacher started crying and explained to us he had passed it hit me like a bag of bricks.

It was a reality check to not take anything for granted and staring at his empty seat knowing I would never share another joke, laugh, smile anything was depressing. Seeing his friend explain to me the situation (since he was there) and the look in his face when he told me he had to face the parents and explain what happened and apologize was horrible. Its been 2 years, 1 month and 11 days since his passing yet I still remember it like yesterday. I am truly sorry for your loss and his family's loss as well, may he rest in peace and hopefully you and I will see our friends again one day. My condolences to you, your friends family and anyone that was lucky enough to have called him a friend.

Revelation 21:4 “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

19. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

I'm sorry for your loss. :(

Saw this on my FB...a friend knew the guy.

RIP.

20. da1

da1 Member

They're having a raffle at rebecca's ice house wednesday evening off 45 and winkler. They had a couple of BBQ this weekend but i was out of town and unable to attend. I think they are all for medical bills. Stuff like this makes me sad and morally makes me wonder why we don't have universal health care. I see way too many of these cookoffs.